Chapter 7

When I opened my eyes, I was cloaked in obscurity and the smell of salt burned my nose. I wasn't sure if I was awake, because it was still pitch black and my head was spinning and confused. I went to move my hand to my head to steady it, but it was pinned behind my back by some kind of cloth. I tried to focus, but my head was swimming. Where was I? What happened? How did I get here? I couldn't remember a thing. Something tugged in the corner of my mind, begging to be released, but I couldn't seem to access it. I tried to break through the wall that surrounded it, but it wouldn't shatter. I felt like I knew what happened, but someone locked up the information inside my head, for what reason, I couldn't remember. What happened?

I huffed, I was getting frustrated. I focused on what I did know. I was on the Determinators, I got mad at Boss about the details of the Plan, and he ditched me on an island that Charles was supposed to be on. Boss left me a note, but still let me go. I was mad at him. The 7 Plan was going to commence and I escaped the island, heading to Division 1 to stop it. So why wasn't I there, what made me end up in this dark and musty place? I didn't know where I was, but maybe someone else was here with me.

"Hello?" I croaked into the darkness, my voice was sore from being unused. How long had I been out for? My voice rippled into the air, echoing to the farther recesses of the room. I listened for something, anything, but only heard the slow beating of my heart, and the sound of my breath. Nothing. I was alone, again.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of feet shuffling on the ground, lost and confused. I heard something hard topple over and hit the ground, and someone's breath catch, stifling a groan. Then I heard a voice.

"Teya?"