chapter-13: Sleepover

Hanni, Haerin and Eunchae came over in the afternoon because Hyein kept calling them. Minji and Hanni went out shopping, they bought everything they needed and even snacks and fruits for the picnic tomorrow. It was too early to start preparing for dinner so they decided to chat over tea.

"When will Dani come?" Eunchae asked Minji.

"The plan for her was to pick up her parents from the airport, leave them in the hotel and she'll head here. So around 6pm." Minji answered.

"Say 6:30 then. You know, since she's always late." Hanni said decisively.

"She'll be on time." Hyein replied confidently.

"So we have 2 hours before she arrives. We can start preparing dinner around the time she comes." Eunchae said.

"Right. Kim Minji, tell us about how you became friends with Danielle." Hanni demanded.

"And also what does she say about Haerin." Hyein demanded too.

"Also do you know about Haerin and Danielle the first time you came here?" Eunchae added.

"That she doesn't know." Hyein replied to Eunchae.

Haerin incredulously looked at her friends.
"Okay now, Minji talk." Hanni ordered.

Minji chuckled and shook her head, "Danielle's mojo is still working! She became quiet and close-off yet still earning unwanted people's attention. She really is something else." Minji rolled her eyes.

"Unwanted attention!? I believe she'll want Haerin's best friends' attention." Eunchae smirked at Minji and Minji facepalmed.

"Don't be jealous of your bestfriend. Come on, tell us." Hanni insisted.

Minji shakes her head in disbelief. "Alright. Well, we have always had vacations together since.. time that I can remember. Our dad's grew up together and became bestfriend and business partners." Minji started.

"The first time I heard about Haerin would be when the elders teased Dani because she apparently told them that she likes this girl who reminds her if a cute kitty." The girls laughed at that.
Minji turned to Haerin and teased, "You were popular among our folks as 'kitty Kang' !" Haerin blushed.

"Dani was obsessed. Right! She has to be obsessed or who'd ride their little bicycle for 20 minutes to and fro every evening just to see a girl. I mean for every single day!"

Everyone smiled at Haerin. The girls knew about Danielle visiting Haerin every evening even though they have spent the whole day together in school.

"We all know about Dani's kindness, bright and cheerful personality but Doyun said he got diabetes from witnessing how sweet Dani is to 'her girl'." Minji laughed again.

"But then again you might have heard about her temper when pushed to the limits. Every nice person can become hellish if you manage to push the right buttons... She wasn't called a troublemaker for no reason."

Minji remained silent for a few seconds.

"Anyways, she has changed from the way she used to be. Afterall personalities aren't always permanent. Life hasn't been quite fair on her. Life isn't fair to anyone but anyways.. We thought she would turn bitter after her special friend left but she didn't. She has gone quiet and she lost her 'happy go lucky' persona but would you ever believe that Dani wished upon the first star every evening!?" Minji plastered a smile on her face but she looked sad.

"Your name became a taboo Haerin, among the folks, and that's why i didn't know you. If i knew before she would have been here earlier."

"Why was her name a taboo? Did Dani hated her for leaving?" Hyein asked curiously.