Ultimatum

"Rather unlucky you are, to be bit by a snake while gathering potion ingredients. Can't say I've ever seen it happen before."

Clora nodded uncommittedly as she picked at the food on the tray in her lap, opting to keep her answers about what had apparently happened to her rather short and vague, if she could help it.

While she was thankful that Sebastian and Ominis had come up with a lie in her absence, she only wished the three of them had gone over it before they'd brought her in, as she'd already been disoriented enough at suddenly waking alone in the Hospital Wing, and it didn't help when in the next moment she was being shown species of snakes for some reason, and asked which breed might have done this to her.

Clora may have woken up alone, however, but Nurse Blainey had informed her that Ominis apparently spent the night at her bedside, and although he'd wanted to be there when she regained consciousness, the nurse had no choice other than to kick him out so he could attend his classes.

The information had warmed Clora's heart regardless of the outcome, though it also made her feel a touch guilty, regretting the fact that she hadn't woken up in time to thank Ominis and see him off.

The last thing she remembered was Sebastian telling her they would be going to the Hospital Wing, and then carrying her for a bit. She'd already been exhausted due to everything, but combined with the swaying motion of his walk, not to mention his reassuring grip on her and the warmth of their bodies pressed against each other...It had been enough to send her over the edge and into blissful unconsciousness.

Just the memory alone made Clora's face warm up all over again, wondering how many students might have witnessed it.

"Alright, everything looks good," Blainey affirmed as she pulled away from Clora with a nod, pleased with the results of whatever tests she'd done. "Inside and out. Whatever bit you was apparently harmless enough, but I'd still like to keep you a tad longer, just to be certain."

"How much longer?" Clora couldn't help the dread in her tone then, realizing not only had she missed classes yesterday due to the Keeper's second trial, but it seemed she'd be missing them today as well.

Nurse Blainey clearly found the situation much more amusing than Clora, however, because she laughed at the expression on Clora's face. "Won't even be a day, love, no need to worry. A few more hours at most," the woman reassured, though upon realizing it'd done nothing to ease the worry off of Clora's face, she added, "If you'd like, I can call for one of your housemates to come bring you your books, so you can get some schoolwork done while you're here."

"That would be great," Clora responded immediately, earning another laugh from the nurse as she prepared for the message to be sent out. "Thank you."

Blainey must have sent a prefect or an owl to the entire Ravenclaw common room rather than just to one single student, because there was an influx of blue robed visitors shortly after that.

Amit and Samantha were the first, bringing Clora her books from her desk, while Amit also gave her detailed notes that he'd taken both that day and yesterday for her to copy. Not only was it much appreciated, but it was also just the sort of mindless busywork that would keep her occupied while held up in bed.

Samantha also brought something extra for Clora: a custard tart still warm from lunch, which she'd accepted enthusiastically due to being rather unimpressed with the selection of Hospital Wing food, which consisted mostly of oatmeal, porridge, and soup.

After she'd devoured it, Samantha pointed out some stray custard that remained on Clora's cheek afterwards, and she couldn't help but perhaps go a bit too red, remembering the stunt Sebastian had pulled with the food on her face yesterday.