ii. not so lonely

𐬿 𐬼 ♡︎♥︎ 𐬼 𐬿 𝙞𝙞. 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙨𝙤 𝙡𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙡𝙮

❝𝙍𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙭, 𝙋𝙤𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧, 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙜𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙚. 𝙎𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙨𝙠 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙚𝙥𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙗𝙖𝙢! 𝙄 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙙!❞

 𝙎𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙙 𝙬𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙨𝙠 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙡𝙚𝙚𝙥𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙗𝙖𝙢! 𝙄 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙙!❞

"I'M SORRY FOR your loss," Theo states. You see, Theodore Decker can completely understand Y/N's situation, for it has happened to him as well. His mother is dead.

"Thanks," Y/N answers, with a flat tone. "so, uhm, I don't even know your names."

"I'm Boris, and this is Theo," Boris replies, with a grin. Y/N nods, and smiles back. "do you want to....how do you say...? ah! hang out?"

"Uhhhh, sure. Tonight?" Y/N asks, a bit skeptically. 'Why would this totally random hot Russian dude and his cute friend want to hang out with a lonely girl he just met?' Y/N thinks.

"Sure. Theo, we can go over to your house, yeah?" Boris asks, with puppy dog eyes. Theo sighs, and says, "Sure."

"Okay, cool, what time?" asks Y/N. "Six o' clock?" Theo asks.

"Uhhh," Y/N begins, pondering over whether or not she has something to do tonight. Who is she kidding? No she doesn't. "Yeah, sure, that should work."

"Okay," says Boris, smiling like a fool. Theo takes a napkin from the table, and a pen he carries around in his pocket, and writes down his address. "This is my address," he says.

"Cool," Y/N replies, before the bell rings.

"Well, uh, I'll see you guys later, I suppose. Bye Boris, bye Theo," Y/N states, before walking off to her next period classroom. Boris blushes slightly. The way his name just rolls off Y/N's tongue so perfectly. Boris feels as if he just swallowed a shit ton of butterflies. Why? Well, he doesn't know.

"Why did you do that?!" Theo asks, worriedly. "Relax, Potter, it's going to be fine. Since it is weekend, we can ask her to sleepover, and then bam! I get laid!" Boris responds, with a smirk.

"Boris, it doesn't work like that. Plus, we barely even know her!" Theo replies, with an eye roll. Boris chuckles, and says, "It was joke, Potter...mostly." Theo shakes his head with a smile, and walks to their next period class with Boris.

                            𐬿 𐬼 ♡︎♥︎ 𐬼 𐬿

Y/N walks inside her house, and her father is nowhere in sight. 'Probably in his room' Y/N thinks. Y/N sets her stuff down, and sighs. She grabs a bottle of water from the fridge, and takes a long sip. 'I should just go without telling him, he probably won't leave his room at all tonight anyway' Y/N says in her head. Without any further delay, Y/N makes the decision to sneak out of the house. She pulls out the crumpled napkin that Theo wrote his address on, and walk out of the front door, embarking on her odyssey to Theo's house.

                                 𐬿 𐬼 ♡︎♥︎ 𐬼 𐬿

Y/N reluctantly knocks on the door, having second thoughts. Before Y/N can think the worst, the door swings open, revealing Boris, smirking. "Told you she'd come!" Boris shouts. Y/N subconsciously looks him up and down. 'He's really hot. How come I haven't noticed him before? And his accent, damn...' Y/N thinks.

"Going to keep staring, or you gonna come inside?" Boris asks smugly, breaking Y/N from her reveries. she gulps, before replying with, "Yeah, I'm coming in, relax. Don't get too cocky." Boris chuckles, and opens the door wider for her to walk in. Once Y/N steps inside, the scent of alcohol and cigarettes hit her, a smell she's quite used to. After her mother died, her father started drinking and smoking 24/7.

"Hey, Theo," Y/N greets, with an amiable smile. Theo returns the gesture, before replying with, "H-Hello."

"So, what do you guys do around here?" asks Y/N, as she looks around the house. "Drink, smoke, do drugs...eat," answers Boris, nonchalantly. Y/N's eyes widen.

"Drugs? Like real drugs? Like cocaine and heroine and acid and all that shit?" asks Y/N. Boris shrugs, before replying with, "Not really. More like pills...like Vicodin. It get you high."

"Oh," is all that Y/N manages to get out. Theo walks up to Boris, and whispers something to him "I think you're scaring her."

"I'm not scared away too easily," Y/N says, letting Theo know that she heard him. "You're a shit whisperer too, by the way." Boris chuckles, and Theo gulps. There's a cold, awkward, silence. It's too cold and awkward. The type of silence that makes you preternaturally uncomfortable. But finally, Theo speaks. "So, why do you always carry around an umbrella?"

"Hate the sun," Y/N responds. Boris's eyes light up. "Same! It is so annoying! I carry umbrella too!" Y/N smiles widely.

"Finally, someone who has the same opinion as me!" Y/N exclaims. Theo looks between the two and laughs, "I think you two will be very good friends," he says. Y/N and Boris continue to rant on about how much they hate the sun. And for once, Y/N feels...not so lonely. For once, she's actually bonding with someone...and it's all because of the sun.

                                𐬿 𐬼 ♡︎♥︎ 𐬼 𐬿

About five hours have passed, making it ten o'clock. There are small pitter-patters on the roof, the sound of rain. Y/N pays no mind to it, for she is too caught up in her conversation with Theo and Boris. Boris lights up a cigarette, and takes a puff. He lets the intoxicating smoke out of his mouth—which Y/N finds attractive— and gestures to Y/N.

"Want one?" asks Boris. Y/N shrugs. "I don't know, I don't really smoke," Y/N replies.

"Good. Smoking is no good. Especially for you," Boris replies, before taking another puff. Y/N simply smiles to herself, and her cheeks grow hot. 'Especially for me? What does that mean?' Y/N thinks. The small pitter-patters on the roof have now turned into heavy water drops colliding with the roof, followed by a big crash of thunder that seems to be interminable. Y/N and Theo jump a bit, and Boris dismisses the loud thunder, not thinking anything of it.

"Fuck," Y/N mutters. "What?" Theo asks, concerned.

"It's coming down pretty hard out there, and I live at least a block away," Y/N answers. She continues cursing under her breath, before Boris says, "Well...maybe you could sleep over. It is weekend after all."

"Yeah, as long as your dad is okay with it," Theo adds. Y/N shrugs, and says, "He probably won't even notice I was gone, it doesn't matter." Y/N thinks a bit harder. 'They just met me and now they want me to sleep over? Meh, it's not like I have anything to lose.'

"Alright, yeah, I'll sleep over," says Y/N, a bit hesitantly.

                                 𝙒𝙤𝙧𝙙 𝘾𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩: 1150

                                      𝙪𝙢𝙗𝙧𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙨