𝐕𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐎 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐕𝐈𝐄𝐖

Video Soul-1989

Today, I'm doing an interview at Video Soul, Jerry thought it would help me get my music out there so here I am

"And how do you pronounce your name?" Donnie Simpson asks. "Or is YaYa your real name?"

I laughed and shake my head. "My name is Ya'Mori," I told him, my voice at its natural soft whisper-tone.

"Say that again?" He asked, probably couldn't hear me. "Ya'Mori," I repeated.

"Ya'Mori," He gets it right.

"You got it," I gave him a thumbs up. He laughs and then looks at the camera. "Ya'Mori, also known to the world as YaYa, on Video Soul. This is called 'No Half Steppin'.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After the video

'All the boys
Want to know my name
When I don't tell them
They get upset
Breakin' hearts
Ain't my claim to fame
And if I had a dime for all they tried
I'd be a millionaire yet
When I'm out
Hangin' with my friends
People say we think we're cute
When we're together
'

Before Donnie could speak I sang some of the lyrics acapella, Donnie raised his brows shocked at how my singing voice sounded way different than my soft-speaking voice.

"Wow, no studio trick," He laughed still in disbelief. "Wow."

"Wow," I repeated, talking in my natural voice.

"You have an incredible voice," He tells me.

"Thank you," I looked down to my lap.

"You know, I-I" Donnie stammered on his words, sitting up a bit on his chair. "I don't to be--You know, I really apologize about it, I don't wanna embarrass you about your speaking voice, but it's so unusual." He says. "But, you've always spoken like that? I mean, you always have that same speaking voice?"

"Yes, when I was a child, I lost my hearing from an accident, so I stopped speaking. But after the years, when I got my hearing back, I spoke for the first time and this is what came out," I explained to him.

Donnie laughed. "Is that right?" I nod my head in response with a smile.

"Did you, um, do the kids have a nickname for you?" He asked.

"Well, I never played with the other kids, but I think I remember that most of the people in my neighborhood called me 'The Quiet Girl," I answered.

Donnie laughed softly as I chuckled. "I'd assume they did call you back in school. Do they still call you that? Does it offend you?"

"No," I shaked my head. "That nickname, I was used to it, sometimes they still call me that in high school."

"I'm just blown away by your voice, you're something," Donnie propped his head by his hand as his elbow rests on the armrest. "By both voices, your speaking voice and singing voice." "Who inspired you? Who'd you listen to as a kid?" He asks.