CHAPTER XIV

ARUSH'S POV

I just reached home to find it empty, I poured myself some water and sat on the couch and rang my mom. It got redirected to her voicemail and I was about to call dad, when I heard Mom's voice at the door. She entered the hall with dad, followed by our house help, Paresh kaka and his wife who were holding many sweet boxes and fruit baskets, that are packed beautifully. I was exhausted from all the work and relaxed on the couch, while they were arranging everything and double-checking if they missed anything. My mom then walked to me and asked, "When did you reach Aru, you look so exhausted. Why don't you take a hot shower while I set the table for dinner?"

I nodded my head and took a relaxing shower, which reduced my exhaustion. I didn't find mom in the hall and went to check in their bedroom. I knocked their door and heard dad saying, "Come in Aru." I went inside to see mom sitting on the bed with a lot of jewelry spread in front of her and dad sitting on the couch holding his head. I chuckled at the sight and asked dad, "What is she doing, dad?" Dad sighed exaggeratedly and said, "From three days she is doing the same. She is not able to decide which jewelry she should give to Aadhya tomorrow. She colds me if I try to suggest and then if I sit quiet, taunts that I never help her."

I laughed at his expressions and towards mom, who is glaring at dad. I sit beside her and say, "Why are you so confused mom, just decide something quick so that we can have dinner, I am totally famished." I was looking at her jewelry and saw a square box with a single beautiful bangle and picked it. I kept looking at it for some time, when I heard mom say, "What happened Aru, don't be sad thinking about things we cannot change. Just cheer up or your engagement now, son. Aadhya is going to be in our home soon. I know you love her a lot. Your Ashu ma would have been very happy if she sees this Aadhya, who you chose as your life partner."

I nod at her words and say, "I miss her presence so much mom." Mom hugged me from side and said, "I know dear, you miss the presence of someone you were very close to on your special, though your parents are here with you. Just think what Aadhya must be feeling at this moment, she must be craving her parents' presence to assure her that everything is going to be fine."

Dad also agrees to her and says, "Ok, come on. Let Arush decide what he want Aadhya to be gifted tomorrow." I looked at everything and selected a beautiful diamond necklace with dangling earrings. I felt they would look beautiful on Aadhya. Mom thanked me for making her job easier, and placed all the other jewelry in the locker, before we went to have dinner and I slept as soon as I hit the bed due to all the exhaustion.

I wake to the sound of my mom's bangles clinking, who was opening the curtains, all decked up and looks so elegant and beautiful. I say, "Good morning, Mom! You look absolutely stunning." She smiles at me and says, "Good morning, Aru! Now come down fast, I placed your suit in the closet. Let us not make Aadhya wait. Viraj and his parents are going to be here in 30 minutes." I said Ok and get ready for my day. Just when I was about to wear my suit jacket, dad entered the room and helps me wear it.

He looks at me with pride and hugged me before saying, "Always let this happiness sparkle in your eyes forever, Aru. Though we will be Aadhya's parents from the moment she becomes your wife, it is you who has to hold her and walk along with her through all the ups and downs. I know you love her a lot, just make sure your anger doesn't overcome your love, not even a single time in your life." I thank him for the valuable words and go downstairs with dad. Mom is in the puja room, and we go there to pray, "Oh god, please give me all the patience you have, to make Aadhya happy forever."

Mom applies a small tilak on my forehead and I take blessings from mom and dad. I hear Dadi and Dadaji's voice and go into the hall and take their blessings. We talk for some time when Viraj enters with his parents, my Nani and Nanaji (his Dadi and Dadaji), along with his Nani. We both take blessings from the elders, when Viha di comes from her room in a beautiful red saree. She sees Mamu and was about to go towards him, when he turns his face from her. We all start to the Singhania's home, and I just can't contain my excitement to see Aadhya. It has been 4 whole days without talking to her and I am missing her so much.