CHAPTER XLI

ARUSH'S POV

"No Minnie, everything is fine. Arush got sick from allergy and Ma is worried, so we planned to return home, anyways your wedding isn't many days away," Aadhya tried to explain Minnie. "Oh really, where's Jiju? Let me talk to him first. Didn't he say he wasn't bringing you till three days before my wedding? I know something is wrong and you're lying to me. I want to talk to Jiju right now," shouted Minnie from the other end. "Minnie, that's enough. I don't care if you believe me or not, we are starting today and I can't argue with you on this, as we have to start soon," Aadhya sighed and hung the call.

I know she is upset but I don't really want to talk to her when she let mom order us to return home in between our honeymoon. She needs to handle situations by putting her choices forward too, but she always puts everyone before her and this is going to be a really big problem for her in the future, when she realizes that all her life, she's been doing what everyone wants her to do. Aadhya leans back on the couch and closes her eyes, while tapping her feet on the floor and a tear drop rolls down her left cheek. That's it, I go and sit beside her and pull her towards me by holding her shoulders.

She opens her eyes surprised with the sudden movement and looks at me with wide eyes. "I'm sorry," we both say together. She straddles me and hugs me while I rub her back softly and say, "I'm sorry, Love. Sorry for ruining last night, sorry for ruining the day which was supposed to end on a very happy note and sorry for letting mom interfere with our plans. Sorry on her behalf and most importantly sorry for not talking to you yesterday. I was so exhausted and I hated it that you let mom decide things for you, for us. I would have definitely argued with her if I had an ounce of energy, but I wanted you to handle the situation properly and deal with mom. I want to spend with you alone, love, especially now that you voiced out your feelings for me I don't won't to go anywhere, not until we have our own sweet time."

"Arush, I don't want to go too, please do something," whispers Aadhya. I sigh and pull my mobile out of my pocket and call my dad. He answers on the first ring and I put it on speaker and say, "Hey dad! You need to inform your wife that we are not coming today. Not today or tomorrow. We have our trip planned for two weeks and we have hardly been here for a week, before your wife went into an angry lioness mode and bullied my wife into returning home. I was exhausted yesterday to argue with her, but I am not coming home, definitely not till the next week, so you can either call your pilot to ask him not to wait for us or he can just keep waiting on the runway for the whole week."

I was replied with silence and I checked if the call was disconnected. I hear my dad laughing heartily and my mom clearing her throat. "Your dad's wife also happens to be your mom, Arush. And I guess you said all those words straight to her as you didn't bother to notice who answered the call." I am so done today, she is going to use this to taunt me the whole life. Aadhya slightly chuckles hearing mom's words and I clear my throat imitating mom and say, "So what, whoever has answered, I guess the message has been conveyed and you can ask your pilot to park his plane somewhere."

"I can ask him to do that but then he will think I've gone crazy as I never asked him to get the plane ready," my mom replied haughtily. I just hate how much of a drama queen is my mom. "Then why did you even do all that drama yesterday? Aadhya stayed awake the whole night and packed everything just because she is scared to disappoint you anymore. Did you really have to be so harsh about everything?" I asked my mom tiredly. "Just making sure my daughter knows to never scare anyone by not answering the calls ever again," said my mom. "You know what, not her but I am the one who is going to not let her answer any of your calls for the next one week for giving her such a scare. The next time we talk is going to be when we land in India. So, bye for now!"