Prologue

??? POV

(A couple of years ago)

A normal human would report an evil person to the police. A normal person does the opposite of a wrong person. But I was different.

"Looks like you've shown up." A slithery voice hissed above. I looked up. Thick layers of leaves of the enormous trees stole the sight of the moon. And then I saw her. 

"Of course Jami- Ja- M-Master!" I replied, silently praying she wouldn't have realised what I nearly stuttered out and said - her real name.

"Close one, girl," She whispered in a shivery tone, "You know what happens if you make that mistake."

Calling her real name was illegal. My mind recalled.

"I have a new task for you today," she announced, glancing at the bushes as if she was aware that someone would pop out from there with a gun to shoot her. Master's hood loomed over her face. "You will be using your newly discovered powers to cross ONE fictional book's world with our world in exactly 10 years. All of the fictional characters can only go back to their world if they pass a complicated test. If they die here, they will not ever be able to return to their world. And, they will only save their real world if they pass the test. Make sure that they suffer." With that, Master crept back into the shadows of the trees and escaped. I was left in a jumble of confusion, but of course, I couldn't let Master down. 

I loved the Broken Earth series. I wanted to see them come into our world. To know what their voices sound like. To belong with them. I stuck my hand inside my little bag. And there it was, the little cube that contained dangerous magic. I started the summoning calls, as blinding purple light glowed from my fingers. And then I remembered her.

And that 'her' was my daughter, Lia. She had the greenest eyes, and her smile lit up the day. And her favourite book series was Wings of Fire. Too bad she's gone now.

"Bring the Wings of Fire characters to life. Make them do exactly as she commands." I blurted out. Stupid memory! Now I will never be able to see who I really wanted to see. But on the upside, maybe...

YAY! After 1 month of finally thinking of what to write I finally wrote a 350-word chapter...   :( 

Cya!