Visitation Rights

The following month went by quickly and slowly at the same time. Hermione was busy with work. Not only from injuries that happened during a rescue party but also learning so much about the dragons itself, so she could help them if they were injured. She studied with Charlie until late at night. She also accompanied several rescue parties because it was safer and easier if she could heal at that moment and not wait until they got back. In the last two parties, she had to duel several wizards to get the dragon into safety. Every night she got back, she wrote and extensive report on the illegal traffickers and the lack of punishment across Europe for such cases. She and Charlie wrote up a ten-page long letter to Kingsley in the hope to change things. It was a couple of days later, but they still didn't have a reply. She saw Ginny at her game a little over a week ago, but they couldn't stay long. Every night Hermione talked to Fred on the phone. Talking about work and the family, while every other night Charlie or George cut in and they all talked over each other. At one point it was Hermione and Charlie on one end and the rest of the Weasley family on the other as it was Sunday brunch and Mr. Weasley wanted to try and call her on Fred's cell. Hermione and Charlie had quite the headache after that. Even though they talked every night, Fred decided to write her a letter every week. He found it romantic and made him think about the "good old days." which made Hermione laugh at the thought, it's not like they were eighty years old.

It was now the day Fred would arrive. He would stay over for a whole week. Hermione got up early that day, butterflies in her stomach. She took a quick shower and headed to the kitchen to make breakfast for her and Charlie. Charlie woke up at the smell of eggs and bacon.

"Does every Weasley wake up at the smell of food?" She chuckled as Charlie stumbled in rubbing his eyes. He stood there in his plaid loose boxers. Hermione didn't even notice; she was so used to it. She only hoped he could get dressed before Fred arrived. George informed her about Fred's jealousy issue. She never knew Fred was the jealous type but how George explained her it was because she was so far away. Hermione put some eggs and bacon on his plate and sat down in front of him.

"Nervous?" He asked between bites.

"A little. It's been almost two months since we saw each other and the last time-" She trailed of.

"And the last time, is in the past. Don't think about that Hermione. You talk to each other every night. It will be fine. What time does he get here?"

"Around nine."

"Nine?" Charlie looked at the clock on the wall. 8.45. "I better get dressed. If Fred's sees me like this, he'll have my head." Charlie laughed nervously as he stood up.

"Ah, George warned you then?" Hermione grinned.

"Yeah. I'll be right back." And Charlie vanished into his room.

Hermione cleaned up the table and made her way to the living room and sat down on the sofa in front of the fire. Above the fireplace was an enlarged picture of her, Charlie, Ginny and George taken the day they left. They sent out the pictures only two days later. She had multiple pictures in her room and Charlie had several scattered around the cabin: in his room, the hallway and the living room. George even snuck in a picture of her and Fred from last summer in the garden of the burrow. Hermione sitting down on a picnic blanket reading a book, Fred had his head on her lap as he took a nap after a quidditch game. She had placed the picture on her nightstand.

It was almost 9 and Charlie still hasn't showed up, the door of his room still closed. She was just going to call him out as the fireplace lit green.

Fred had been nervously tapping his foot the entire morning glancing at the clock every few minutes. He woke up early that day and he kept himself busy cleaning the flat and the shop but now everything was done, it was still an hour away from when he was supposed to floo over.