To Feel Your Warmth

Crown Prince's Room

"The Crown Prince hasn't left his room. We're worried that he's sick but he wouldn't want any of us to enter", the maid cried. "I'll enter to make sure he is not", Raziela knocked and opened the door. She saw the prince making a hand signal.

A woman at the Crown Prince's bed? Of course, he's at the right age

Raziel nodded and stepped back. Since the weather is becoming warmer, the knight decides to wear a mask to cover the upper part of her face. Once the sun's rays hit the area where the lady was sleeping, the knight's eyes softened. She heard that the prince had a good relationship with his younger sister, the princess. Edel sat on the couch not far from the bed and called Raziel to pour him tea. "Take a seat", the prince invited. "The princess seems to be fond of her brother", the knight commented making the prince cough. "Is there something wrong with that? Also, why are curious about my sister?", Edel furrowed his brow. "I also met Sir Traun's sister yesterday and they have a unique relationship as well", the knight answered. "Oh, you met Lady Floryn. She's younger than my sister but she said the lady acts more mature than her", Edel took some sweets and ate.

"Are you just going to watch me eat? It'll be sometime before my sister opens her eyes", Edel hoped that Avniel would barge in and he'd have an excuse to get rid of Sir Kirstein's presence. "Then, my gratitude for allowing me to eat in your presence", the knight picked on a strawberry cake. 

Edel found himself staring at the knight's hand

Edel found himself staring at the knight's hand. There are no signs of scars. The knight's face also looked like a sheltered noble. Tracing down, he noticed how thin the knight's lips were and noticed how it resembled the lush tint of strawberry. The knight seemed to be enjoying the sweets. He finally realized he was staring too much and averted his stares. "When you were in the North, a lot of your comrades died. It was cold and the rations were scarce. What were you thinking before the final battle?", the crown prince asked. Raziel drank her tea. "As long as someone is alive, we cannot abandon the mission. That's what a knight in the order is told to do. If I get to the Emperor as early as possible, I might be able to save most of my comrades, if possible, all of them", the knight answered making Edel look into her eyes to see if she was lying. "So you weren't thinking about the Empire of Arden?", he crossed his arms. He had always hated the idea that the Captain was more celebrated than the Crown Prince. "My apologies, Your Highness, if it sounded that my actions were not for the peace of Arden but rest assured I tried to carry those feelings with me. I have my reason for going to the North and it did not waver even for a bit", the knight looked at the tea. "What is it that-", he was interrupted as Elaine woke up.