Final thoughts from the author

Hey everyone, if you've made it this far I just want to thank you for taking the time to read through The Mortal And The Wicked!

This story was based off a concept from a short story I wrote called At Autumn's Edge and if you've read through that you'll know quite a few things changed-- namely the nature of the carnival.

These changes were made because, while I enjoyed a spookier version of the Carnival Of The Lost, the details present in that story worked better as a short story and I wasn't certain it would carry over well into a full length novella. Instead, I took a more surreal approach with the carnival and really tried to push my limits with how far my imagination could go when thinking up what a magical carnival could entail.

As with every entry I've written for ONC in the years I've joined, I tried writing outside my comfort zone and dabbling a bit more into romance. 

In all honesty, I wish I would have had more time to put Lucy and Azrael in scenes together, but due to the word count and the deadline that came a lot sooner than I was ready for I felt as though the tension between them fell a little flat.

Sometimes when it comes to the ONC it's all about finishing what you've got and submitting it before the deadline lol.

That being said, I do intend to rewrite this book almost entirely and perhaps turn it into a full length novel with more romance and an overall darker plot. I would hope to include Azrael a bit more as well as his character was the most fun for me to write. And of course, feedback from those of you that have read this novella in its entirety would be most appreciated-- I wanna know what my readers what to read about!

In the end, this novella was a great opportunity for me to write something lighter and a bit humorous at times, as well as allowing me to let my imagination run wild. 

The plot was a struggle at times, but in the end I fell in love with the characters and their story and I hope to write with them again in the near future.

Once again, thank you so much to those who read this story from beginning to end. Your support means a lot!

--Twilight