Chapter 2

As both of them went inside, Kazutora was mesmerized by the inside of the house. It was pretty, clean and neat. It smells nice too, and the floor looks shiny. Probably Baji and Chifuyu clean it everyday.

Unlike his old house.

Messy

Miserable

Broke apart

And the worst part, destroyed.

He doesn't even feel safe in there in his entire life. But now he escaped from there, starting a new life with a person who still see him as his best friend and a person who hates him for trying to kill his best friend.

Baji look at Kazutora and form a small smile. "Hey, you can go and sit down for now, I want to check up on Chifuyu a bit" Kazutora nod his head and go towards the sofa on the living room then sit down on it.

As soon as Baji saw Kazutora sat down on the sofa, he went to the second floor which where Chifuyu's and Baji's bedroom located. Baji went to Chifuyu's bedroom and knock the door few times. "Hey Chifuyu, may I come in?" Within no response behind the door that he knocked, he turns the door knob revealing Chifuyu sitting down while looking at the wall in the opposite direction, completely zoned out.

Baji go towards Chifuyu and tap his shoulder few times. Chifuyu surprised with the sudden tap and back into the reality. He look at his back and saw Baji who is standing beside him. Baji decided to sit down beside him and look at him. "Hey Chifuyu, what's wrong? You completely zoned out, whatcha thinking about?" Chifuyu heard those sentences but keep quiet about it.

No receiving any response, Baji repeated a similar question to him. Few minutes later, Chifuyu let out a sigh and scratch his head using one of his hand. " Nothing, I'm just concerned." Baji tilt his head to the left as he confused about it.

Chifuyu realized about it and look at Baji. "Why are you looking at me like that? It's weird y'know" Baji let out a chuckle as he heard Chifuyu's response. "Yeah yeah I won't look at you like that. But what are you thinking about?"

Chifuyu let out a sigh and scratch his cheek using his index finger. "No it's just, I'm concerned about you actually." Baji is confused with Chifuyu's answer. Concerned? About what?

"Hah? Concerned about me? Why?" Chifuyu look at him. "He's a murderer Baji, what if he plans to murder you again? He already did that to you, and you have those scars on your body because of it. What if he did that to you again and succeed?" Baji let out a small sigh as he heard Chifuyu's reasons.

Chifuyu just stare at the wall as he done explain the reason to Baji. "Don't worry Chifuyu, I know he already changed when he's in prison that time. I always wrote a letter to Kazutora once.-" didn't get the chance to continue his sentences, Chifuyu widened his eyes as he heard those sentences and cut off Baji's sentences.

"What!? You wrote letters to Kazutora!?" Baji look at Chifuyu, shocked as his sentences got cut off suddenly and received Chifuyu's response, not the one that he expect. "Woah woah calm down Chifuyu! Let me finish my sentences" Chifuyu rolled his eyes and just be quiet to let Baji continue his words.

As Baji didn't receive any response from Chifuyu, he continue his words that got cut off earlier. But just as he wants to continue, he heard Chifuyu's small whisper that he can barely hear. But he can confirm that Chifuyu said it. He's not that far from him anyway.

"I bet that criminal threatened Baji san when he wrote back the letters to him."

That's the sentences that he heard from Chifuyu's own mouth, but he didn't care about it, because it's not the truth. "Whenever I received a letter from him responding me back, all I ever read is a multiple apology from him through the letter. I can't even explain the amount of apology that I received from him that time" Baji let out a small chuckle as he remembered on how Kazutora literally apologized to Baji so many times that he can barely count on how many apology that he got from him.

As Chifuyu heard the full story, he just roll his eyes and look at Baji. "He apologized to you because he supposed to do that. He didn't deserve any forgiveness because of it." Yes, Baji heard him clearly and be quiet for a moment. Just then, he slap Chifuyu causing him to shocked with Baji's sudden action.

He hold his cheek and Baji stood up in front of him. "You dare to talk to him like that as if you're the one who almost got murdered. I already forgive him and that's my choice." Chifuyu look at Baji while the other one is pissed off with his behavior.

When he just want to let out a word to respond Baji, Baji get out from the bedroom and slam the door. He didn't give a fuck about it, that's why he did that. Chifuyu sit down there in silence for minutes until he start to talk to himself. "Tch, why did he even forgive him anyway."

Meanwhile with Baji, he go downstairs to find out that Kazutora is still sitting down on the sofa awkwardly as if he's in a strangers house. But Baji didn't bother about it and just sit down beside Kazutora. "Hey Tora" Kazutora look at Baji and form a small smile. "Hello too Baji"

"Still being quiet here hmm?" Kazutora scratch his neck using his index finger and let out an awkward chuckle. "Yeah, just, this feels awkward.. that's why I decided to just be quiet here" Baji nod his head slightly as he heard Kazutora's response.

Baji stood up for a moment and it made Kazutora confuse a bit. "Don't worry, from now on you'll be staying here with both of us. You'll get used to do this, I'm sure of it! Now I'll just go and grab cup of tea for both of us" Baji form a big smile as he done saying his words that pop out in his mind.

Kazutora want to respond Baji back, but the older guy already went into the kitchen to make the tea just as he said earlier. He let out a sigh and look at both of his hands as he play with it due to his boredom. As he doing this, there is some things that still bothers him.

He just want to tell Baji that, he heard all of those argument earlier when Baji and Chifuyu argued in the bedroom earlier.

Hello my dear reader, my apologies for the late update, thank you for being patient. That's all, thanks for reading this. Have a nice day, stay safe and take care okay? Bye bye. ෆ