14

Kamryn walked out of her classroom and locked the door, turning around to see Jeff standing right there. It obviously made her jump as she wasn't expecting anyone to be there or seem like they were waiting for her.

"Sorry, Kamryn. Didn't mean to scare you," he chuckled, offering a smile.

"I was just caught off guard," she chuckled nervously before they both started walking out to the cars.

"Yeah, it happens," he chuckled, walking out of the building with her.

Kamryn knew he had parked right behind her so she made sure to look at what he drove and any markers on the car.

"What year is that?" She asked, looking at the Corolla as she started setting her things in the passenger seat.

"99, I'm shocked it still runs," he chuckled, heading toward his car, "I'll see you tomorrow,"

"Yeah," she nodded, getting in her car and immediately locking the doors. She checked the back seats as she usually did before she pulled off and headed toward the daycare.

She watched her mirrors closely, still dealing with that gut feeling that something was simply off with this Jeff guy. Luckily, he wasn't following her as she thought he would but she wasn't going to let her guard down.

She pulled up to the daycare soon enough, parking her car and going inside to get Abby first and then Evelyn.

She punched in her code and went inside, heading for Abby's room first. Lucy had just gotten them cleaned up from snack and they were all scattered around the room in centers.

"Abby look who's here," Lucy smiled, pointing to the door.

"Mommy!" The three-year-old beamed, dropping her toys and rushing for the door.

"Hi baby," she grinned, collecting Abby's things as she hugged her close.

"Can we go get evey?" She asked, looking up at Kam as she hugged her.

"Yeah honey," she chuckled, "Don't worry, we're not leaving without Evey,"

"Let's go, mama!" She giggled, running to the toddler area to get her new sister. "Miss Ashy!"

"Hey, cutie pie!" Ashlee smiled, picking up Evelyn to bring her over.

As soon as Evelyn saw Kam, she reached over, recognizing the woman easily.

"Hey Evey," she smiled as she accepted the toddler in her arms. "How'd she do?"

"She did pretty good. Knowing her history a little bit, she did really good. A little emotional at times but she calmed down pretty easily," Ashlee explained, grabbing her bag and handing that over.

"Okay well, that's good. I was worried. She's probably been in daycare her whole life so,"

"Yeah, that would make sense," Ashlee nodded.

"How'd she eat?" She asked, pushing the hair off the little one's face.

"Not great but not awful," she told her, "She's probably ready for a snack at home,"