Epilogue

A part which my readers deserve :)

After a few days...

Neil: How is it so cold here?

Mini: Because this is Patiala, not Mumbai.

Neil: Oh, is it? Mujhe laga hum South Pole aa gaye hain.

Mini: Very funny 😒

Neil: 😒

Mini: Whatever. Ghar toh yahin hona chahiye tha, where is it?

Neil: Don't tell me ki tumhare paas proper address nahi hai. Wait, yes you don't have it.

Mini: Stop with this mind reading thing and yes, I don't have the address. But I remember it clearly, they live in this lane.

Neil: So now, we will have to check every house in this lane to figure out where Preet's parents live, right?

She smiled sheepishly, not knowing what to do. Just then, a middle-aged lady came out of her house. She looked distraught and somewhat lost. Her sight fell on them.

...: Mini? Tum yahan?

Mini: Aunty...

She hugged her and became emotional. Mini tried to console her a little knowing well that nothing will help her in this situation as her loss was way bigger. After a while, she broke the hug.

Mini: Neil, she is Preet's mom and aunty, he is Neil.

Preet's mom: Aao beta, andar aao tum dono.

She took them inside and they met Preet's dad too. They explained the situations that led to her demise.

Preet's mom: Bahot pyaari bachi thi humari. Uske jaane ke baad se mujhe toh kuch samajh hi nahi aata... kaise rahenge hum uske bina?

Mini: Uss din humne apni puri koshish ki thi, but things just slipped out of our hands. We know aunty, aapka loss bahot bada hai, and nothing can soothe the pain you both are going through. But one thing I can assure you, mai aur Neil, humesha khade rahenge aap dono ke liye. My mom used to consider Preet as her own daughter. She always loved both of us equally and the love you gave me after mom passed away was no less than that. So whenever, you need this daughter of yours, I will be just a call away.

Her mom became emotional again. Mini hugged her tightly to comfort her and Preet's dad placed his hand on her head lovingly. Neil smiled looking at her in admiration.

After spending a few days in Patiala, they returned to Mumbai.

Mini: Never thought I will start feeling homesick in Patiala. How much I wanted to back here...

Neil: So, to celebrate our homecoming, come to the balcony after 30 minutes. I will be waiting.

Saying this, he went to his room, leaving her surprised. As she entered her room, she saw a beautiful maroon saree (this one's for you Sakhi KCreationMiNeil) on the bed. She smiled widely and a tint of red became visible on her cheeks. After getting ready, she went upstairs to the balcony, the place where they made beautiful memories, only to be surprised once again as it was subtly yet beautifully decorated.

Aadat Teri Tera
Junoon Lagg Gaya Ae
Junoon Lagg Gaya Ae
Bann Gayi Ae Jaan Te
Ishq Tere Da
Khoon Lagg Gaya Ae
Khoon Lagg Gaya Ae
Meri Zuban Te
Tu Pair Paya Sajna Ve
Basti Meri Ch Basti Meri
Phir Soyi Nai Paagla
Ho Banjar Zameen Utte
Baagh Ae Phullan Da
Tereyan Bullan Da
Koyi Ni Muqabla...