💌

*Vance's pov*

Everything about him is perfect. His eyes, his hair, his smile, the way he laughs. it's all perfect. He's absolutely, positively, fucking perfect. Ever since that one moment, I couldn't stop thinking about him. It was a brief interaction, nothing more, but I wanted it to be more. I remember it so vividly, it's almost as if it's happening right now. I was playing pinball and he was behind me watching me play. I had lost, and I had no more quarters. He offered me some of his, because he "thought I was cool." I don't even know his name but I bet it's perfect, too, just like the rest of him. I want to know more about him. I want to know everything about him. I need to.
.
.
.
.
I got rudely pulled from my thoughts by someone next to me asking me a question. "Vance, are you alright? You're zoned out," is what they said.

I turn to them. Bruce Yamada. My best friend since sixth grade. He was pretty gullible and naive, which meant he'd do whatever I wanted him to do with just the right amount of prying. Not that I needed that, though. I was fine on my own.

"Why the fuck would I not be, dumbass?" I snapped. I was thinking about.. well.. I don't know his name, But I was thinking about him, and Bruce interrupted said thoughts. So, obviously, I was pissed off.

He put his hands up defensively. "Sorry, sorry.. just making sure!" He gave a small smile, unaffected by my angry outburst, as he was used to them by now, and turned his attention back to the front of the room.

We we're in first period, and I was secretly hoping that the boy from yesterday at the Grab N' Go would walk in. He was new, and had moved here Saturday. Apparently, he used to lived here before and moved away. I wanted to know more about him. He just seemed so.. perfect. I had never felt this way about anyone before, but I knew that I was officially in love, even though I don't even know his name, I'm still in love with him.

And, like clockwork, he did. He walked in the door right before the bell rung. I could feel my face heating up just by glancing at him. My right side was facing the wall, so I covered the left side with my hair so the person next to me, Finney, wouldn't be able to tell.

The teacher told him to introduce himself, so he turned toward the class.

He had a soft, nervous smile on his face as he spoke. "My name is Finney Blake. I just moved back here from California and um.. " He turned his head towards the teacher and whispered "anything else?" She shook her head and pointed to the only empty desk in the class. "Sit down."

(Also the seating is: Vance sits in the very back right corner and Bruce sits next to him. The desk to the left of the desk infront of Vance is where Finney sits!)

"Finney Blake.." I thought to myself. "God, even his name is perfect.." The teacher starts to talk, but I ignore her. I'm too buying busy staring, or studying, I guess, Finney.

I daydreamed about him (and me) for what seemed like five minutes, but eventually, the bell rang. Everyone started rushing out to make the most of their break and to not be late to 2nd period, but Finney took his time gathering his things. I decided to go over and talk to him.

"Hey," I said, nonchalantly. "Finney, right?" I was trying to make it seem like I hadn't been writing his name over and over in my notebook and memorizing it letter by letter while daydreaming about him the whole period. Clearly, it worked, because he looked up and smiled at me. The same soft smile he had when he introduced himself to the class.

"Hi! Yeah, my name's Finney," He said, gathering the last of his stuff and stood up. "And you are?"

"Vance. Vance Hopper," He holds out his hand for me to shake it. I shake his hand, and the entirety of me wants to never let go of it. I want to hold it for the rest of my life, to hold him. But I don't want to weird him out and ruin my chance, so I let my hand fall to my side, much to my mental disapproval.

"Hey, I know you, right?" He asked me, tilting his head to the side. "God he's adorable.."

"Oh, wait!" He smiles excitedly, throwing his bag over his shoulder. "You're that guy from the Grab N' Go, right? The one that wouldn't let the pinball machine rest? You're really cool, dude!"

I nod calmly, trying to hide my excitement. "He remembers me.. of course he remembers me, It was only yesterday! But.. he still remembers me. And he thinks I'm cool!"

"Thanks. What's your second period?" I asked, successfully changing the subject. He didn't even have to get the paper out to know it, so I'm guessing he memorized the whole thing on his way to class. "So even his memory is perfect.."

"Oh, I have English! It's my favorite. What about you?" He asked, glancing towards the door of the classroom. "Hey, how long is passing period?"

"seven minutes," I respond. "Here, I have English, too. We can walk together." I glance up at the clock. We had been talking for three minutes. That gave us four minutes to get to second period.

"Oh, cool! Sure!" He beamed and started to walk towards the door. I followed him. "God, he's adorable..."

---- timeskip to after school

*nobody's pov*

Vance had just finished telling his step-brother, Griffin Stagg, about his crush on Finney, because he knew that Griffin was the only one that actually gave a shit and listened when Vance talked about his love life.

Griffin put his pencil down on his desk and turned to face his brother. "Sounds more like an obsession than a crush to me," he commented getting up from his chair at his desk to grab his phone from his bed. Vance frowned.

"It's not but whatever," Vance stated glancing at his brother's phone screen. "Who ya' texting?"

"Not important!" Griffin hastily turned off his phone and shoved it in his pocket. "Anyways, it's an obsession. I mean," Griffin grabbed Vance's notebook from his bag, opened to the page from first period today, and shoved it in his face.

"You're obsessed. No hard feelings, though. I always knew you were the insane lover type of guy."

Vance studied the notebook page with 'Finney Blake' all over it before turning to face his brother. "Hey, what the fuck is that supposed to mean?!" Griffin just laughed at him.

////

1181 words <3
Hope you enjoyed the first chapter :)
Sorry for any mistakes as English is not my first language (you can tell what my first language is by reading my username 😜)