❤️‍🩹

Finney Sighed as he got his stuff out of his locker, relived that he would get to go home now. He was extremely tired, having not gotten any sleep last night. The thoughts of Vance wouldn't let him. Not that he particularly minded it.

Finney saw someone standing on the other side of his locker door, and by the shoes and skirt, he judged it was a girl.

Finney got all his belongings and closed the locker door, glancing at the girl. "Hey, Finney," she waved at him, smiling. Finn half-smiled back.

"Hi, uh.. you're Donna, right?" Finn responded. He remembered her vaguely from before he moved. He used to have a crush on her, a real big one. However, that was far outgrown, seeming as he had met somebody else.

She looked away, breaking eye contact. "Yeah. Yeah, I'm Donna," She fiddled with her hands. "Look, I have a question.."

Finney tilted his head to the side slightly, oblivious of what was going on. "Yeah? What do you need?"

Donna seemed to get even more nervous. "Well.. I was wondering if maybe we could.. I don't know... exchange numbers?"

"Oh, um.. yeah, sure! To be friends and stuff.. right?" Finney replied, still oblivious to the fact that she was basically asking him out. Donna hesitated to answer.

He was about to write down his number when he heard someone call his name from behind him.

"Hey, Finney."

Vance.

Finney turned around, smiling. "Oh, hey, Vance! What's up?" And instantly, Donna was forgotten as Vance struck up a conversation with Finney.

"Uh, excuse me?" She asked. Vance glared at her and she backed down. After a few moments, she walked off, unsuccessful.

Vance kept glaring. Even after she disappeared into the fully crowded hallway, he still glared in the direction she walked off into.

Finney waved his hand slightly. "Vance, you alright?"

The taller boy diverted his eyes from the slowly shrinking crowd. "Yeah, I'm fine. I've been fine," He responded, shoving his hands in the pockets of his jean jacket. Finney nodded.

"Yeah, I figured. You just didn't seem all there," He shrugged, smiling softly.

Vance, staring at that smile could have sworn his heart stopped. He had seen Finney smile before, but never like this, never directly like this. It had to have been the most amazing thing he had ever seen in his 18 years of life.

Finney rested his hand on Vances shoulder, making him snap out of the trance he was subconsciously put in. "See what I mean? Not all there,"

Vance shook his head. "Mhm. Sorry," Finney took his hand off Vances shoulder, despite him not wanting to, and nodded. "You wanna walk home with me?"

*timeskip cause writers block 😥*

"So other than pinball, what do you like to do? Ya know, for fun," Finney asked, kicking a rock along the pavement. Vance shrugged. "Watching movies? I don't know. Fighting is cool."

"Yeah, I've seen you fight. You're really good!" Finney smiled at him. Vance nodded at him. "So uh.. do you have.. interests?" Vance asked him back, wording it more awkwardly.

"Art is cool. So is reading," Finney responded, abandoning the rock and letting it sit on the sidewalk behind them. "I like baseball, too. I used to be on the team before I moved away."

"Yeah, I figured. I friends with Bruce Yamada and he used to talk about how good you were." Vance said, looking at everything around him but Finney.

"Really?" Finney asked. "I always thought he was way better."

"Oh, so did he. He did think you were kinda awesome though." Vance told him. "You should join the team again.. if you want."

"I most likey will. There was no baseball at my school in Cali, so I missed it." Finney stated, chuckling. "Gotta go, this is my house."

"I'll uh.. see you tomorrow?" Vance questioned, trying his best to make it sound nonchalant. "Totally," Finney grinned, turning around to walk up his driveway.

Vance waited Finney was in his house with the door closed to keep walking. As he walked away, he opened his phone and quickly typed down Finn's Adress in his notes app. He'd probably be back later that night.

\\\\

Omg I am so sorry that this took so long to come out. My life has literally been so damn hectic but I'll spare you the details and just say thank you for reading. I'd also like the thank you all for staying patient (except the person that commented on my message board but no hate because I've done that too LMAO) and waiting for me to publish this. Love y'all 🙂

781 words used.