Senior Prom (Kagami X Oc)

It was a strange feeling, to have your future mapped out for you. Since leaving Japan, to attend a basketball-centered school, everything went as Kagami expected to go. The opponents were stronger and the practices were intense. Although the academics in America are not as intense compared to other countries, it didn't change the fact Kagami was still a C-average student.

Outside of school, there wasn't much to say. He had friends, schoolmates, and teammates to hang out with when the invitation was offered. They always ask why he doesn't date since there were a few girls who looked in his direction. His response was always...

"My girl told me that I'm not allowed to date anyone that's not prettier than her."

And it was partially true. The real rule Aliyah gave him was that she can't be ugly, bitchy, and poor or there will be problems. Aliyah Kure always wants the best for her lovers even if it's not with her. However, finding such a girl that's not all 3 is a task in itself so that's why he never bothered.

His teammates never believed that he had a girlfriend much less a rich girlfriend since he never shown them a picture.  She also never came here to the States to see him. The only clue they had was that she sent him chocolates on Valentine's Day and shoes for his birthday. Even then, they thought he bought all that stuff and had them delivered to the school.

It was prom season and the team practically demanded that he bring a date for the sake of the team's image. It would be odd for a star play to go to such a milestone event alone. Kagami was reluctant to comply.

That is why he is currently standing in front of the entrance to a banquet hall in a jet-black tux and champagne gold bowtie. He had one hand in his pocket while the other held a gold and ivory corsage. The music and chatter can be heard on the other side of these grand wooden doors. He knew she was going to be a little late...but that was 40 minutes ago!

He was so focused on waiting that he didn't sense his teammates approaching him from behind. "Taiga come on, you can drop the act!"

"Yeah, you standing outside waiting for an imaginary girl for 40 minutes is weird as hell man." One of the players said as they dragged him inside. "The team is already about to take pictures. We got someone to fill in so you don't look like a loner."

"Huh?! Wait, I can't just leave. She's gonna cuss me out!" Kagami protest. It was too late, he was already standing next to a random blonde that he didn't even know was in his class. In every picture the team took, Kagami was stiff and kept his distance. However, it didn't stop his heart from falling to his stomach when he heard a voice over all of the music.

"What the hell, Taiga!" The boy's basketball team as well as their prom dates turned to see a young lady in a champagne-gold mermaid-style dress with a stream of gems swirling along the curves of her body. Her braided hair was pinned up with a rhinestone floral pin. Even the shimmering makeup couldn't hide the rage behind those fiery brown eyes. "I sat on a 10-hour flight and 3 hours of traffic only to see you found another date," Aliyah said as she made her way over. The students quickly got out of her way and made a clear path to Kagami.

"A-Aliyah it's not what you think!" Kagami said as he quickly went into his pockets to find the corsage. "I was waiting outside for like 40 minutes-"

"But then you got tired and decided to spend your evening with a Margot Robbie knockoff wearing a Marilyn Monroe dress from Shein?" Aliyah said as she gestured to the girl behind him. "Seriously you could have at least chosen a girl that can at least afford a realistic replica."

"And you could have at least called me and told me you were stuck in traffic. I was freezing my ass off outside!" Kagami argued back.

"I hope your dick fell off too while you were waiting!" It was a good thing the couple was having their argument in Japanese because their volume alone was already causing a scene.