thirty-six: a little time jump

5 years later

"Link and Cash get your asses down here now!" I call as I scramble to get the boys ready to leave the house.

"Dad said a bad word." Fitz says as he stares at me in shock. I nod and hand him his jacket when I see it's raining. Perfect.
"Graham come get your coat." I say and he comes running over. He slips his coat on and I glance at my phone and see that Harry texted me asking when we're leaving.

Cash comes running down the steps with his toys and a jacket on and I help him get his shoes and then have him and the twins get in the car. I go upstairs and Link is laying in bed.

"Link come on." I sigh. He shakes his head with a pout and I sigh as I pick him up out of bed.
"I don't want his shows to end." Link says and I nod as I walk downstairs and help him put his shoes and coat on.

"I know buddy. It's not forever. You know your dad." I say. He nods and takes my hand to go out to the car. He climbs in the back and I begin driving to the arena.

When we get there we're let in immediately and the boys and I walk inside, and I try to ignore the flashing cameras and screaming fans. I definitely won't miss this part.

Harry comes over with a grin and gives me a kiss and then greets each of the boys and tells them where the snacks are.

"How's he holding up?" Harry asks. I shrug and wrap my arms around his neck and give him a kiss.
"He's sad. But I told him it's not forever and he perked up." I say. Harry nods and follows me towards the yelling kids.

"Fitzy come on." Graham says once they both have snacks. Fitz looks to me and I nod and he runs off with Graham. I turn to Cash and hand him some peanut free snacks and he sits on the couch playing with his toys.

Link sits next to him and plays on his switch and I turn to Harry and he's got a grin on his face.
"I'm so lucky you're mine." Harry says. I hum and give him a kiss and he smiles against my lips.

"Should we go find the two five year olds?" I ask and Harry shrugs and sits on the couch and Cash crawls into his lap.
"I'm busy with these two." He says and I flip him off and then go and search for the two trouble makers.

Graham is always leading Fitz into trouble. It's inevitable that when one is in trouble the other is next to him. I think it's sweet sometimes and other times I want to scream.

Recently they got in trouble at school for 'bullying'. What really went down is somebody made fun of Fitz and Graham didn't like that so he got into a wrestling match with the kid and Fitz joined.

They're both on a week long suspension. Which in my opinion is insane as kindergarten kids, but they've been doing chores all week and it's been great.

Link and Cash hate school. They want to be home schooled but I don't want to do that yet and I want them to get through elementary school. Link claims it's boring, which is just because he's smart like me and he needs to be challenged. And Cash says he misses Harry while at school.

Link is now a full on, Niall loving, boy and Cash is attached to Harry. Graham and Fitz love whoever gives them food but Fitz tends to come to me more often when he's upset.

I hear some commotion by the stage and I walk over there first and I spot Graham's blonde curls and I hear some crying so I weave through the people and I see Fitz on the ground holding his knee that's scraped and bleeding.

Graham looks both concerned and annoyed so I assume he either pushed Fitz and is mad he's caught, or someone else caused his brother to fall and he wants revenge.

"Fitz what happened?" I ask softly. Fitz clings on to me and cries into my shoulder so I stand up and Graham holds my hand as we walk to first aid.

"We played tag. We were chasing uncle Li Li and Fitz tripped on some chords." Graham sighs. Fitz nods against my shoulder and we walk into the room and I clean the scrape and then bandage his knee.

"What's the rules?" I ask. Graham sighs and Fitz looks at me with a frown.
"No running. No tag. Do not go by the stage." Graham mumbles. Fitz agrees and I pick him up again and Graham keeps holding my hand as we walk.

Fitz is rubbing his eyes so I know he's sleepy and just wants to be held.

When we get back to the dressing room Graham lays on the floor to color and I rock Fitz back and forth until he's sleeping against my shoulder.

I hold him like he's a baby and keep swaying with him as I watch the other boys and Harry.

"He's the baby." Harry says and I nod and don't even care if people think he's the favorite. All our kids are my favorite.
"He's my baby." I say softly. Harry just shakes his head in fondness and then gets up when he's called to hair and makeup.

Once Harry's done he gets dressed and we take some family pictures of all of us.

Harry and I then take some together and Harry keeps me against him as he gives me a kiss.

He goes on stage and Link watches the tv the whole time and the twins eat snacks and play in the dressing room.

Cash runs off with Louis and Liam and I keep watching the screen too, amazed by Harry once again.

I eventually leave the boys, with the exception of Cash, with Liam so I can go to side stage and watch and I know some fans spot me but I ignore them.

Cash joins me and I hold him and he whines about how he wants to see Harry so badly but I just hold him and make him stay put.

Harry runs by during Kiwi and he spots Cash who's reaching for him like a toddler instead of a 6 year old and Harry comes over and grabs him. I shake my head and he gives me a kiss and then runs on stage with Cash who is laughing the whole time.

"As many of you know this is one of my four boys. Everybody say thank you Niall for creating these gorgeous boys." Harry says and then holds the mic out to the crowd and they all scream thank you Niall.

"Babe why don't you come out on stage?" Harry says and I slowly walk out there when Pauli is encouraging me to.

The fans are going crazy as Harry waves me over and Cash is grinning the whole time.

"I know many of my fans are disappointed that I'm taking time off. But Niall has worked to support these four boys for almost a decade now and I want him to live his dream too. This isn't forever but it's enough time that I can watch these boys grow and be little men." Harry says.

He grins and waves to someone and I turn around and Fitz, Graham, and Link are walking over. Harry puts Cash down and then picks up Graham and I hold Fitz and Link stands next to me holding my arm.

"From my family to yours, thank you. Thank you. Thank you." Harry says and all the fans are clapping and grinning at us. I walk off stage with the boys and they go back to the dressing room and I hold Fitz who is falling asleep again.

And I get to stand side stage and watch my pop star perform.

I never imagined my friend with benefits would turn out this great.