Chapter 11: Guilt

Enola's POV:
Me and Tewkesbury get off the carriage and walk inside.
" finally we're here it feels like forever we haven't been here." I say to Tewkesbury
" your right it has felt like it's been a while." Tewkesbury says in response in a sort of doubting voice.
" What's the matter?" I say to him just to make sure he is alright
" it's just that we could have been here sooner if I had done my job to protect you." He says looking down and I start to tear up a bit.
" Tewkesbury it's not your fault you know that right it's not your fault I promise. That guy from that night came from no where and we weren't prepared." I say
" No Enola it's my job to protect you to be there for you and help you not let you get hurt." He says and you can't tell in his voice he wants to cry.
" it's not your fault that happened. I know you feel like it's your job to protect me, but I can protect myself you know that right?" I say to him to try and sound comforting.
" yeah Enola but I should've tried more should've tried better to protect you from that man or whoever it was, it's my duty to make sure you're all right not to let you get hurt." he says, it was sweet and all but I wanted him to know that I could fight myself.
" Tewksbury look I can take care of myself and I know you feel guilty on what happened that night but I promise you that is not your fault" I say trying not to cry.
" I know, but I'm trying to be your man not some boy who can't protect you" he says this and my heart just sinks. He still remembers the boy to the man I call it.
"Tewksbury, look at me and tell me you know it's not your fault." I say turning his head more toward me. He fully looks at me " Tell me you know it's not your fault."
"Enola how can I say it's not my fault when it is." He says his voice a little rocky.
"Tewksbury please."
Tewksbury's POV:
I know Enola wants me to tell her I know it's not my fault. I just feel so guilty for not being there for her. I can't help myself I replay that night over and over again in my head. But I'll just say I know to make her feel better maybe I'll make myself feel a little better as well.
"Yes Enola, I know it's not my fault." I say
" Good" Enola says while hugging me. She nestles up more and I take it in. I wonder what our next step will be.
————————————————————————————
OMG GUYS I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABT THIS I DELETED THE APP AND I JUST REMEMBERED ABT THE BOOK. I'll definitely finish it soon so ya also the story might be a little rocky because of the time difference but I will try my best.