Seventeen

The night sky above them was adorned with a myriad of stars, each one seemingly twinkling with its own secret. Donghyuck nestled his head against Renjun's shoulder, feeling the steady beat of his heart, which brought him an overwhelming sense of comfort. Their fingers intertwined like two puzzle pieces fitting perfectly together. The world around them seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of them, entwined in each other's love.

"I wish we could stay like this forever," Donghyuck murmured softly.

Renjun tightened his embrace, his voice tender, "I do too, Donghyuck. These moments are precious, and I'll cherish them always."

They sat in the park, sharing their dreams and aspirations, both eager to know everything about each other. They laughed and joked, their laughter mingling with the gentle rustling of leaves in the breeze. Despite the looming reality of Donghyuck's condition, they were determined to make the most of their time together.

As the night deepened, Renjun carefully guided Donghyuck back to the hospital. On their way, they stumbled upon a quaint little ice cream parlor that was still open. Donghyuck's eyes lit up with delight, and he tugged at Renjun's hand like an excited child.

"Let's have some ice cream, jun!" Donghyuck exclaimed.

Renjun couldn't resist Donghyuck's infectious enthusiasm and smiled, "Alright, let's go in."

They sat at a small table, enjoying their favorite flavors of ice cream. As they savored the sweetness on their tongues, Donghyuck leaned across the table and playfully wiped a bit of ice cream from the corner of Renjun's lips.

"There's a bit of ice cream right here," Donghyuck said with a mischievous grin.

Renjun chuckled and reciprocated, "And there's a bit here too."

Their laughter filled the air, and for those brief moments, they were just two young souls, savoring the simple pleasures of life.

As the days passed, Renjun and Donghyuck continued to explore the world within the confines of the hospital. They had movie nights, complete with popcorn and cozy blankets, watching their favorite films together. Donghyuck loved the action-packed ones, while Renjun preferred heartwarming dramas. Each movie night brought them closer, as they discussed the storylines and their emotions, finding solace in the shared experience.

Sometimes, they would sit by the window and talk about the world outside, imagining all the places they wanted to visit together. Renjun would describe his hometown in China, while Donghyuck spoke of the bustling streets of Seoul. Even though they couldn't physically venture out, their conversations transported them to far-off lands and created a world of their own.

One afternoon, Donghyuck expressed his desire to learn to play the guitar. Renjun, eager to make Donghyuck's wish come true decided to buy one just for the younger. He patiently taught Donghyuck the basics, and soon, the hospital room was filled with the gentle strumming of the strings and Donghyuck's sweet voice.

As they sang together, their hearts intertwined in harmony, their connection deepened even further. It was a song of love and hope, weaving its melody into the fabric of their fleeting moments.

One day, as the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm golden glow across the room, Donghyuck reached for Renjun's hand and held it close to his chest.

"Renjun, thank you for making me feel so loved and cherished. I don't think I've felt this happy in a while," Donghyuck whispered, his voice tinged with emotion.

Renjun pressed a tender kiss to Donghyuck's forehead, his eyes filled with tears, "It's an honor to be by your side, Donghyuck. You've brought so much joy and love into my life even if it's just for a little while."

They stayed like that for a while, holding onto each other, their love a shield against the harsh reality they faced. In the depths of Donghyuck's eyes, Renjun saw a mixture of emotions - love, fear, and gratitude - all bundled together in a beautiful kaleidoscope.

In the days that followed, their love grew stronger with each passing moment. Their bond was a testament to the power of love, transcending time and defying the boundaries of life and death.

As Donghyuck's days on earth dwindled, they found peace in the knowledge that their love would forever endure, etched in the very fabric of the universe. They had come to understand that love was not confined to physical existence; it was an eternal force that connected souls across time and space.

Together, they faced the fleeting nature of life with bravery and acceptance. Donghyuck's last days were filled with love, laughter, and the beauty of shared moments. And even after he was gone, Renjun knew that their love story would continue to inspire, reminding others of the boundless power of love - a love that never truly ends but lives on forever in the hearts of those who cherish it.

—haevcbes

i finally updated after ages and decided to be sappy