14.

~•~•~𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲?~•~•~

~•~•~
𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲?
~•~•~

I never imagined that my first kiss would be like this. The night before the Hunger Games. I've never felt such feelings for a boy, maybe because the only boy I'm close to is Gale and he's like a big brother to me. I just haven't thought about relationships, especially since my parents died.

After a few minutes of standing there, I decided to go back to the apartment.

Did Cato really kiss me? It seems unreal to me that boy, who has no idea what love is, kissed my lips a few minutes ago. Did he do it to make me think that he, just like Peeta, likes me? That's probably what he's trying to do, I can't find any other logical explanation. But what's the point of lying to me about that, Cato can easily kill me, he doesn't need to fool me he has feelings for me.

Oh, what the fuck? Now I'll be thinking about all that. Is this his strategy? Me not be able to sleep tonight and that way he kills me in my sleep when we're in the arena? This makes no sense! Cato knows he can kill anyone in any way, there's no reason he's trying so hard for me. How could he put me in such a situation?

I walk into the apartment and the first thing I see is Haymitch sitting on the couch with a drink in his hand. Looks like he decided to drink the night before the Games.

"Here she is! The girl on fire! What were you doing up there with that boy again?" I'm not surprised he knows, but the fact that he speaks loudly, really annoys me.

"And why are you drinking? I thought we agreed not to until the Games begin."

"Yes, as you promised me you wouldn't talk to him again, but here you are! All red, probably from blushing." I roll my eyes.

"You're drunk. You don't know what you're talking about."

"No, I'm not that drunk. Listen, Melanie, I tried, I did, but you're making it harder and harder. I don't know what your relationship is between you two, and I don't want to know either, but I'm sure that whatever happens in the arena, you won't get a happy ending. I promise you." Haymitch says.

It wasn't the nicest thing to hear. I don't understand why he's telling me that, he's probably still mad at me because of earlier. Well, I better not think so much about his words.

"I know you tried, Haymitch. I appreciate it. Good night." I don't want my last relationship with him to be bad. There's no point in making enemies at this stage, I won't win anything like that.

I go to my room to try to get some sleep. I know this will be very difficult to do, considering what happened a few minutes ago and that the Hunger Games start tomorrow. Just thinking about it makes me sick, I don't want to go through this.