Prologue

Mobius. To those of you who have never traveled there before, its stories would have amazed you. From the times robots took over, to the freedom fighters saving the world, many tales have been spun in these lands, but none more so daring and amazing than the most famous hero ever, Sonic The Hedgehog. No one had ever seen someone so fearless and brave, and so fast until they met him, who, by taking down Dr.Ivo Robotnik(Also known as Dr. Eggman) and saved the land from evil badinks. But Sonic is not alone, he has friends along with him, Sally Acorn, Miles Power, or just Tails, Amy Rose, and Knuckles the Echidna, These 5 had many adventurers together in the time after, and learned so much about themselves and their friends, and the bond that had formed between them had become nigh indestructible. But this you already know.

However, a few days ago, Dr. Robotnik had come up with a new plan to take over the world once and for all, where Sonic himself wouldn't be able to stop him this time. He had created a monster, a monster that supposedly was a copy of Sonic to only frame some broken laws, but that monster did more than just that, it killed many lives and went against Dr. Robotnik;
It took the chaos emeralds and went super, making it more powerful than anyone.

What followed that sad day was something no one could have predicted, the battle between the super hedgehog copy had beaten Sonic and won, but it had taken a turn for the worse. Shadow the hedgehog had come along to help Sonic out, putting an end to this.

Shadow mutters out the side of his mouth over to Sonic
"Sonic, on my signal, I want you to run."

"What? No! I can't leave you here with that THING! please Shadow we gonna do this together!"

"Do as I say, Sonic."

After Shadow had turned to look back at the hedgehog, growling at him and speaking.
"You have made a mistake, Fleetway. give up now and I will let you live. You have spilled Mobian's blood this night. I would be within my rights to exact retribution upon you!"

"I do not run! I do not fear you! And I will kill you! Rend your flesh! Peel it from your bones! Kill you dead. As dead as your friends! As dead as all the other mobian's I killed here tonight!"

Fleetway was the monster's name, a super form vision of Sonic the hedgehog, with red swirling eyes and a big smile showing his teeth that were sharper than a knife, he flew closer to the two, getting ready to attack.

"To me, victory is at hand! Kill Sonic the hedgehog! Kill Shadow the hedgehog! And kill the world!"

Shadow shout at Sonic, telling him leave this place at once,
"You must run now, Sonic!"

But for Sonic, he didn't wish to run away and leave Shadow all alone to fight this beast, he wanted to stay and help the hedgehog, even if they both get taken down.
"Shadow Please, you can't do this alone!"

"I will be alright Sonic, please go now to save yourself!"

"I won't leave you!"

Shadow having no other choice, but to chaos control Sonic away from this place, he took out an green chaos emerald, "I'm afraid you have no choice in the matter, faker."

Getting ready to say the words, Sonic tries to stop Shadow by shouting, but the hedgehog does not listen.

"Shadow! No! Don't teleport me away!"

"Die, Shadow, die!"

Fleetway leaps forward while Shadow is distracted, aiming for his throat. Sonic mouth drops, looking horrified at what Fleetway had done to Shadow, seeing the golden hedgehog biting down into the dark-fur hedgehog's neck, which ripped out in a spurt of blood.

"SHADOW!"
Sonic called out and spin-dash at Fleetway, pushing him back away from Shadow.

Fleetway growls at the blue blur, but keeps his balance to the attack, smiling right after licking his lips, "your blood tastes sweet, Shadow. Sweeter than those mobians!. Sweet and powerful flesh! I will eat your meat, suck the marrow from your bones, I will eat your powers too!"

Sonic gets himself to attack again at Fleetway for Shadow to only stop him.
"S-Sonic, no! Don't fight him!"

"I'm staying to fight by your side!"

Shadow spitting out some blood from his mouth while trying to hold his balance,"Sonic, please, let me save you! I cannot let you die here."

"And I can't let you die here either!"

"Sonic go- AAAH!"
He lets out a scream once Fleetway opens his mouth and bites down into his arm, making Shadow drop the chaos emerald onto the ground. Fleetway then latches onto his side of his stomach, solving his teeth down and twisting its head until the bones snap, making Shadow on the ground. Shadow kicks Fleetway away, throwing him off of his arm, which has been bitten clean to the bone.
Sonic was too terrified to do something about this but seeing Fleetway now back away from Shadow, he spin-dash at Fleetway before kicking into his chest. The hedgehog went flying back to a tree but got himself up quick enough to grab onto Sonic's leg when he was gonna kick again, Fleetway then threw Sonic to the ground and snapped the bone inside in half.

"AUGHH- M-my Leg!"
Fleetway went back over to Shadow, and bites into his throat. Shadow's eyes bulge as blood erupts around the hedgehog's mouth, spurting outward and onto the ground. Sonic in shock, speaking in a horrified whisper "No... please-...lord no-"

While Shadow gasping and choking on his own blood, trying to overreach to the chaos emerald, having his hand on the gem, clearly dying and barely able to speak, "I will never let you ... hurt...this planet again.."

"How to stop me? Sonic couldn't defeat me, not even you! And now I shall taste your blood and consume your power, Shadow!"

All Shadow gave after was a smile grimly, "Good...Then taste the true power of the Ultimate Lifeform, Fleetway."

Shadow closed his eyes and said the last words, "CHAOS CONTROL!"

Sonic looks on in horror. A bolt of magic shoots up from the chaos emerald, becoming an expanding half-sphere of white light and howling wind that swells outwards from around him, enveloping and burning up everything in its path, including shadow himself, leaving nothing but a smoking crater.

While this all happened, Sonic was getting teleported away from this, his cries and screams echoing all over.
"SHAAAADOOOWW!!!"