THE LETTER

Sonic woke up from another nightmare in a sweat. His dreams of Shadow had been getting worse day after day now, a single tear fell from his eye. "Shadow, why couldn't I have given my life? Instead, you..." he held back some tears and shook his head, "No. He wouldn't want you to feel like this, Sonic. Remember what he said, stay strong for everyone, stay strong." Sonic composed himself, he had tried hard, he always had to be strong in the face of it all. Some days were better than others but today was not one of them.

The blue blur had been mostly helping Princess Sally Acorn with her duties for years now, that's all he's been doing lately, he stopped trying to save the world like he always did, he couldn't use his left leg to run or fight, not after it was broken. Sonic felt uneasy during this time now, although he was respected and liked in the castle, but he had no one there he truly knew here, not even Tails, his best friend and brother. Tails was no longer with Sonic, as he had perished alongside Shadow.

Sonic got out of bed and walked up to the mirror. He looked at himself, giving a sigh to the mess of his spikes being all messy now, and having small wrinkles forming from all the stress he had gone through. "Uhh...I look a mess." he tried to force a smile, but it soon faded. "Oh, I miss them all so much, I hope that my request works." Sonic closed his eyes and past visions of him and his close friends going on adventures and kicking Eggman's butt all the time began to run through his mind. He flopped back on his bed and cried into the pillow.

Sonic slowly calmed himself down for a bit and thought of the things his friends could be doing now days,

"Hmm, Cream and Vanilla is probably a top bakery now. Their own shop full of desserts." Sonic smiled. "And Team Chaotix are probably famous now, solving crimes every day." He smiled again. "Knuckles is probably still at Angel Island, keeping the master Emerald safe, knowing him." He chuckled. "Amy...she's probably living her best life with a family or gotten a job with Jewel and Tangle at The Mineral Museum, who knows what!" He sighs before smiling again. "And Tails...he could be anywhere..."

His smile faded this time, he hadn't heard or seen the young fox, he wasn't even sure if Tails was still around. The sound of the clock chimed and Sonic got up from the bed. It was time to go do his duties for today. He slowly opened the door and made his way to see Sally.

The day consisted of the usual meetings and greetings. There were the usual documents to sign, nothing special. Sonic cleared his head and set about the tasks until the day was done and it was time to sleep again. He entered his room, gave a sigh and crawled into bed, but once Sonic tried to lay his head, he awoke and let out a scream. This time it wasn't a nightmare, he was startled to see a small yellow squirrel at the foot of his bed. He quickly glanced at this squirrel, recognized them very well. Ray the flying squirrel, Sonic hasn't seen the little guy for a while to think of it.

"S-sorry did I-I scared y-you?"

He stuttered, Sonic gave Ray a small smile, "only a little bit, but I'm good," Sonic could see a letter in Ray's hand, "Is that for me?"

Ray gave a nod and hung it over to the blue blur, each Sonic opened it and pulled out the paper.

Dear Sonic The Hedgehog,

I am happy to report that after an extensive search, the whereabouts of the Mobians you listed have been discovered, all but few. As requested, we have delivered to each of the following, an invitation to meet with you. However, it must be noted that each had reservations about traveling to the kingdom of Mobotropolis. This information was passed along to all of the recipients. Of the three, Mighty the armadillo, Vector the crocodile and Knuckles the echidna all agreed to meet with you at the enclosed destination. The Mobians known as Espio the chameleon, Amy Rose, was unable to confirm and we regret to inform you that, as of yet, Miles 'Tails' Power whereabouts are unknown. We hope the information provided is sufficient.

Yours Sincerely,
Bunnie Rabbot

Sonic looked up, dumbfounded for a moment. "They...found them! I don't believe it! but no sign of Amy and Tails or Espio...?" Sonic felt a little confused on where Amy or Espio could have gone too, he was honestly surprised that Espio was missing, but he began to smile a little to hear that Knuckles, Vector, and Mighty wanted to see him. He turned to the squirrel and smiled. "You will keep looking for the others, right? Please tell me you will!" Ray nodded and Sonic hugged him before letting go, Ray smiled and began to leave the room while waving goodbye. "Oh wait, thank you so much for delivering this to me!" Sonic paused awaiting a reply.

"Y-your w-welcome Sonic."

"Heh, thank you, Ray, you made my morning so bright!" Sonic watched as Ray left the room and, he composed himself again, looking down at the letter's attached note. "They wanna meet up at 'mirage saloon bar'? Hmm, I wonder why they couldn't come to the kingdom. Oh well, I guess they have their reasons." Sonic stepped out of bed and immediately began to pack his bag, he had a long journey to get too.