Part 37

After the race, Charles disappeared back to his drivers room as the Ferrari team flooded out towards Parc Ferme since Carlos had bagged himself a second place podium.

Lyla, Arthur and Lorenzo had all shared a look. They knew that it was tough for Charles because it was Monaco - his home race - and he hadn't even got to start it, let alone finish it. Now he was being forced to watch his team celebrate since his teammate had gotten P2.

Lyla was torn. She wanted to go and comfort Charles but she also wanted to go and congratulate Carlos and Lando on their podiums as well as Pierre and Arden on their 4th and 5th place.

"Go." Lorenzo nods towards the pit lane.

"But-"

"He's a big boy, Ly." The eldest brother states, putting his hands on her shoulders. "Go."

"Promise me that one of you will go up to him." Lyla states, looking him in the eyes.

"Mama will." Lorenzo nods. "Now go!"

Arthur gave her a nod when she turned her gaze to him because Lorenzo was practically pushing her from the garage and telling her not to worry about Charles because they would deal with him since she did after every single bad race he had. Lyla was reluctant to leave but when she got out of the garage Daniel spotted her and started dragging her towards the crowds.

"LANDO!" Lyla rushes towards the happy McLaren driver. "I'm so proud!"

"Thanks!" The Brit says happily, giving her a squeeze. "How's Charles?"

"Don't focus on him." She shakes her head. "Focus on your podium, silly!"

"P3 baby!" Lando says, picking her up and spinning her around. "P3!"

"P2 and P3, Lando!" Carlos' voice echoes. "Lyla, we got P2!"

"You got P2, Carlos!" She corrects, pointing at the Ferrari driver. "Well done!"

"Thanks." The Spaniard smiles.

Lyla said congratulations to them again before turning on her heels and moving to find Arden and Pierre. Although, her brother found her first and whisked her up into the air causing her to squeal and grip onto his shoulders before she was placed down and scooped up by Pierre as well.

They were eventually called away and celebrations were cut short allowing Lyla to finally make her way back to the Ferrari garage. She trekked through the empty area, dodging random chairs or headphones that had been thrown around with the happiness of the Ferrari team before breaking out of the back door and into the paddock where she headed straight for the motorhome, lifting her sunglasses onto her head.

She navigated her way through the rather large maze of corridors. Bumping into the random Ferrari employees who were making their way down towards the podium for the ceremony. When she finally reached the two drivers rooms, she found Arthur and Lorenzo both sat against the wall opposite their brothers drivers room and she could just about hear the very muffled voice of Pascale from inside said room.

"Its not good." Arthur states, standing up and approaching Lyla. "Like not good at all."

"Shit." She curses. "How bad?"

"Like he broke down on the floor right here in front of Andrea kind of bad." Lorenzo adds.

Lyla pushed past Arthur, quickly apologising which left him waving it off, and knocked on the door. Pascale said something about giving them a minute before she clarified that it was her.

"Lyla?" Pascale's voice asks.

"Yeah, its me." She replies quietly. "Can I come in?"

"Close the door behind you!" Pascale says.