Young Love Part 2

~Era 1969~

It was another day in the studio.  Franny had just popped out to get some lunch for all the guys, she was convinced they wouldn't even eat if it weren't for her reminding them, they were so wrapped up in making the album, they were completely immersed and fully focused on it, barely resting or taking a break whatsoever.

Mick  was sat at his drums talking to Peter and John intently as they planned the next song and what they had to record and change, certain bass lines and rhythms, it was all running smoothly and going well. Jeremy was eagerly waiting for his girlfriend to return, still chuffed from their date the previous day and he felt like he was walking on clouds still, his life was simply wonderful and he still had a continuous smile glued to his young face.

Danny was late, he'd overslept after staying up all night and writing a few new songs that he was very keen to share with the group. He calmly walked in carrying his guitar case "Hey!" He waved to everyone. Mick raised a drum stick as a gesture of 'hello' and Peter nodded, smiling softly as he still listened to Mick, John raised a beer and waved. Danny went and plonked down beside a grinning Jeremy "You look happy!" He smiled, placing his guitar case on the floor beside him.

"I am, I have a perfect girlfriend!" Jeremy giggled happily.

Danny felt the same odd tug in his emotions. Fran made him shy every time he laid eyes on her, she was wonderful and he was a tinge jealous of Jeremy, because everyone would have to be in his opinion. Fran was beautiful, funny, shy and simply wonderful, he had liked Fran instantly since the first day he met her but felt in a way she was out of his league, being Mick's sister and all. He knew though Jeremy had set his sights on her early into meeting her, sometimes Danny knew himself may have a made a move on her if the same things didn't  happen every time he saw her, which happened right at that exact moment.  The door opened and in walked Fran, smiling and carrying a bag of food "Hey everyone, I'm back, I hope you all are okay with some burgers!"

"Anything is alright that you do!" Jeremy smiled and winked at her, making her giggle and blush, he still made her a little shy at times, even his sweet comments made her heart warm and flutter, he made her feel like a special butterfly and it was lovely. .

Danny looked away though, she looked exquisite today, literally making him shiver with her gorgeous smile and he felt his voice get caught in his throat as she started walking closer, he felt like he was freezing, clamming up as usual, feeling like a star struck idiot "I'm just going to the loo before I eat!" Jeremy chuckled, standing up and kissing Fran more passionately as he hugged her, not wanting to let her go even for a second.

"Alright, and no sneaking a smoke or joint either, you have a tasty burger waiting for you!" She winked at him and patted his back.

"You taste better than the burger!" He whispered and walked off, slowly letting go of her hand as she blushed and giggled, knowing Danny heard and feeling a little shy.

"Sorry about that, are you alright Danny you look a little pasty?" Fran asked walking closer to him and sitting where Jeremy had been which made Danny instantly feel even more tense.

"Yep, yep, fine thank you, how are you and your burger!" He asked then wanted to slap himself for saying such a reply that sounded like a joke.

Fran laughed softly which made him feel sicker with embarrassment "I'm good thanks, are you sure your alright?" She smiled, resting her hand on his that was noticeably sweaty, he hated how his hands got like that when he was boiling up with nervous tension, especially with the beauty sitting beside him, paying him attention, even if she was just being polite, she was like an angel to him.

"No, no, I mean yes, yes I'm not alright, I meant I am, I'm fine, fine and dandy!" He nodded quickly, looking away.

"Dan are you sure?" she asked "Maybe you need food, you boys wouldn't eat if it weren't for Jenny and I bringing food around!" Fran giggled and pulled a plastic container out of the bag that had a burger nestled inside "Here you go!" She smiled "I tried to recall everyone's favourites, I think this one is yours!"

"Thanks!" He muttered and shakily reached out and took the container, almost dropping it with his clammy hands, Fran made him beyond nervous and shy, that was the reason he never had made a move, because he could barely string a sentence together to even answer her or even seem sensible when she was in the room.

"Let me know if you like it!" She grinned and then got her own burger out.

Danny nodded and opened the container, starting to quickly eat the burger so he silenced himself and made less of a fool of himself. He hoped maybe in time he would become used to Fran and how wonderful he found her to be, but he didn't think that would happen anytime soon. For now though he would just have to try to balance his nervous reactions better and eating the burger was the best way for now.