• 1 • When I Opened My Eyes...

It was the first day off for Kim Rok Soo since he joined the company and he planned to spend the entire day reading after someone recommended a novel for him to try.

"Rok Soo!"

"Hmm."

"You should read this book with me Rok Soo! The main character is pretty cool. Hehehe, we even share a family name."

"I see."

So he went to the library and borrowed the entire series.

The name of that series was [The Birth of a Hero].

[The Birth of a Hero] focused on the adventures of the main character, Choi Han, a high school boy who was transported to a different dimension from Earth, along with the birth of the numerous heroes of the continent.

One book after another, he read up to the fifth volume before he went to sleep.

To his surprise, he had a dream. A dream where he was a redhead who defeated a god to achieve his peaceful slacker life.

It felt surreal and strangely realistic.

It felt like he was experiencing an entirely new world.

But he knew it was just a dream.

He could feel someone shaking his (not Cale Henituse's) shoulder. The hand was so rough and calloused that it made him think of the hands of a strong hunter.

"Kim Rok Soo!"

The moment he opened his eyes, the dream was forgotten.

***
author's note: new fanfic, hope you enjoy.