9.Di'kuts (Idiots)

"That was our last capacitor." Echo whined, shoulders slouching as he glanced down at the screen which showed a yellow box with a red x displayed over where the capacitor should be.

"The creature is an Ordo Moon Dragon. A species that feeds on raw energy." Tech explains, all eyes now on him. "It was probably drawn to the capacitor's electric charge."

"What luck do we have, huh?" Malaina responded, her eyes glued to Tech's sharp jawline that hypnotized her as he spoke.

"Well, that would've been good to know beforehand, Tech." Echo grumbled.

Hunter dropped his head and sighed, his eye bags growing more visible by the minute. He points to Malaina, Echo, and Tech. "You three get those other systems online." He ordered, which took Malaina by surprise. He actually trusted her to work on his ship? "Wrecker, stay here. I'll go after the dragon and get our part back."

Wrecker shook his head. "I'm fine, I-"

"You're staying." Hunter interrupts, pointing a stern finger at the clone who was obviously in quite a lot of pain.

"I'll go with you!" Omega chimes, nearly scaring Malaina out of her skin. The blonde was so quiet that the Inquisitor forgot she was even around.

"No, that thing could be dangerous." Hunter said immediately, adjusting his armor and double checking to make sure his vibroblade and blaster was in place.

"I'm part of this squad now too, right?" Omega argued, stepping closer to the Sergeant.

Malaina watched the clones exchange glances, having a conversation through their eyes. And then Hunter turned back to Omega and sighed. Reluctantly, he nods his head. "Alright, kid. Just...stay close."

Omega put her mask on and nodded quickly, antsy to go out on the mission. Her and Hunter left soon after, leaving all the others inside the enclosed shuttle.

Malaina faced Tech completely, arms stiff at her sides. "Put me to work, Trooper. I can do anything." She blurted, offering a smile.

And that's how she found herself laying on the ground, head tucked under the panel as she modified a few controls to override the damage sustained from the Ordo Moon Dragon.

She had a clone on either side of her, doing their own work. And Wrecker had gone off somewhere in the back of the ship, messing around with Force knows what.

Malaina had her tongue pinched between her teeth as she worked, eyes squinting at all the wires she was currently staring at.

Truth was, she could do these repairs with her eyes closed and one hand tied behind her back, but she decided to work at the same pace as Tech and Echo.

"Can I ask you guys a question?" Malaina suddenly asked, her voice the first thing being heard in the cockpit, not counting the grunts of frustration from Echo, for the last twenty minutes.

"Technically you just did." Tech chimes, exhaling sharply as his hand slips from the wire. It sparks and sends a brief shock through his glove, to which he hissed in pain.

Malaina rolled her eyes and chuckled silently. She used her foot to push herself further under the panel, trying to get more comfortable before continuing to work. She stayed silent, taking Tech's answer as a no. But apparently she was wrong.

"Go ahead." Tech says a few seconds later, his interest piqued, wondering what she wanted to ask. To be honest, Tech would take any chance he could to speak with her. He always felt he annoyed his brothers with all his talking, so he found it refreshing when Malaina came along to just speak about whatever, whenever.