Part 24: Mississippi

This case takes us to the state of Mississippi, which is located next to the following states: Louisiana, Arkansas, Alabama and Tennessee.

WARNINGS OF CHILD MURDER, HATE CRIMES, CHILD KIDNAPPING AND CHILD TORTURE

Pictured above is Emmett Till.

Emmett Louis Till, born on the 25th of July 1941, died on the 28th of August, was a 14 year old African American boy who was abducted, tortured and lynched in Mississippi in 1955, after he was accused of offending a white woman named Carolyn Bryant in her family's grocery store, the brutality of Emmett's murder and the fact that his killers were acquitted drew attention to the long history of violent persecution of African Americans in the United States, Till posthumously became an icon of the civil rights movement, his body was discovered in the Mississippi River.

His cause of death was Lynching (Bullet wound and mutilation), he is buried at the Burroak Cemetery Alsip, Illinois, the attack type was as follows: Lynching, Kidnapping, Hate Crime, Torture, Murder, Child Murder, Shooting, Mutilation and Racial terrorism, the two perpetrators were Carolyn's husband Roy Bryant and her brother in law William Milan, a white Jury found them not guilty of the crimes they committed against Till their motive was a retaliation for allegedly offending a white woman and anti-black racisms, the two men were charged with murder but the white Jury found them not guilty of the crimes.

It also came out that Carolyn made the whole story up just to murder Till for being African American.