Prologue: A Prisoner Of Sand And Time

Uncharted Waters, Indian Ocean, Unknown World...

       Flashes of white-hot lightning ripped across the sky cutting in and out of the swollen dense clouds of the darkest grey as they loomed above the seafaring vessel that had been on the verge of being swallowed whole by way of the tumultuous and choppy murky depths below where many a body and sea creature alike resided beyond the light of the sun and the view of any man unfortunate enough to gaze upon the ocean's mighty fury and live to tell the tale. Unexpected bursts of hail the size of round smooth stones pelted against the hull and water-slick deck of the unfortunate vessel trying its best to survive amid the chaos as winds howled and the black sails had been ripped to tatters by way of the angry winds. The smell of salt and death lingered in the air as many a member still clinging to life aboard the rather doomed vessel had been praying for either safe passing or a quick death.

The creaking of the floorboards and the rocking of the ship had not done much in the way of comforting the worried and terrified crew as they scrambled to keep their vessel afloat. She had been a good ship, seeing them through many a storm and port alike while in pursuit of many famed treasures and riches beyond one's imagination but it seemed more likely than not that she'd finally find herself sinking to her watery grave. Her captain had named her The Red Wave Avenger, and his name had been among those of legend when it came to tales of the most fearsome and savvy pirates to ever sail the seven seas.

At the close of a fine chase by two massive and heavily armed British Vessels to put an end to piracy for good, The Red Wave Avenger had been holding her own with her crew of twelve right down to the lowly cabin boy, four massive cannons and expert fighters with the sharpest blades on water, she had at one time been a re-outfitted privateer vessel and as such became something of a force to be reckoned with when given her new look.

The colors of Black, Brown, and Red haunted the very dreams of many a man drawn into battle with The Red Wave Avenger and those that lived to tell the tale spoke of horrific supernatural things being at work whenever she'd been in their range. Tales of an infamous Pirate Capitan under a curse and a highly devoted crew willing to go to the ends of the earth for him and back if they needed to.

On this inauspicious day, The Red Wave Avenger, would, at last, find herself in a watery grave, but not due to the British vessels who had also been doomed to do the same, but due to the onset of the weather and the angry sea which had ripped all four vessels apart in the wake of their infamous sea battle as cannon fire, blood, and broken wood had been lost to the ocean's murky depths with the crackling of thunder as the four vessels caught in a massive swell had begun to go under. The winds howled and the crews all came to terms with the fact that they might not make it out alive as two of the heavier British vessels capsized and sank with their crew attempting to jump ship only to be pulled down into the ocean by way of their massive ships causing the water to pull them in.

The last British vessel had been smaller and as a result, escaped the grave that day as a more favorable wind pushed them out of the direction of the lightening that slashed the sails of The Red Wave Avenger and she caught fire leaving little doubt as to her fate and the fate of her crew who would rather be capsized with her than arrested and sent to the chopping block for the amusement of the British Crown.

Through all the madness the survivor had seen the infamous redheaded captain of The Red Wave Avenger, first hand his dark eyes glowing yellow as he howled in sorrow in the wake of his ship and crew being lost as the last portion of the ship capsized and took him under along with the others.

The long sea battle between the British vessels and The Red Wave Avenger had been over and only one smaller vessel had lived to tell the tale unsure what to make of the fabled supernatural ship and its redhead pirate captain meeting their end in a watery grave.