14-Kynesgrove

We arrived at an empty Kynesgrove at dusk. This place only had an inn, a garden, a creepy looking mine and a garden. There was no one around but us three. I wonder where the villagers went. And I hope they don’t mind that I helped myself to some of their things. 

“So we’re by a dragon burial mound?” Lydia asked Delphine. 

“I think so. I don’t know exactly where it is.” Delphine spoke. She seemed nice enough but I didn’t exactly like her vibe. 

I saw a huge shadow in the distance, headed towards a smaller hill off the mountains. 

“Follow that dragon!” Delphine tells us. We run and climb our way up there. I see that black dragon flying towards a mound with colorful lights on it. He shouted something and the ground started to move. Lydia and Delphine were able to duck under the rocks fully but being the tall and scary Imperial I am, my head was poking through. 

“That’s Alduin.” Lydia whispered to me. I looked at the scaly bastard. My head started to hurt and it took all of my willpower to stop myself from crying out in pain. Distorted images appear in my vision. 

“My Thane! Are you alright?” Lydia asked. 

“Severine?” Delphine asked. 

I fell over in pain. I notice Alduin saying something in my direction. I hear Lydia and Delphine run to me. The skeleton dragon and Alduin look at me. 

“You do not even know our language, do you?” Alduin spoke like I was some kind of bug under his heels. Which at this height and his height, I am. “Such arrogance to take the name of dovah for yourself.” 

At this point my heart was racing. I was terrified and I didn't want to fight the dragon but I didn't really have a choice. Go be the hero Severine, I thought to myself. 

" I may not be a dragon in body but I'm definitely one in soul." I responded. Alduin looked at me funny, said something to the reformed dragon and flew off. The dragon started by crawling to us. Lydia and Delphine started to attack the beast, dodging fire by hiding behind rocks or behind the beast. 

“Fo Krah Diin!” I shouted as Frost Breath hit the dragon, forcing it still for a few minutes as Lydia hacked at the dragon’s neck. Delphine had managed to get one of his eyes. I threw a few blasts of Elemental Bolts in his direction. I shouted two more times before he finally fell over dead and the lights started to swirl around me again. My head was still hurting but less than before. My throat felt a bit raw and I was exhausted. 

“You really are the Dragonborn.” Delphine looked at me as the lights slowly faded and the whirling wind sound stopped. “I guess I owe you an apology and an explanation.” 

“You do.” I cross my arms at her. Lydia walks over to me. 

“I am one of the last Blades.” Delphine spoke. “As you know. We wandered around for ages, running from the Thalmor thanks to the mistakes of an idiot named Jauffree. We’ve been looking for a purpose. I guess we found it now, thanks to you being here.” 

“And the apology….” I slightly tilt my head. 

“I’m sorry for taking the horn. I hope you also understand that was the only way for me to be able to get your attention without drawing attention to myself.” Delphine looked apologetic. 

“You’re forgiven, I guess. But what are we going to do now?” I ask her. 

“Well, we need to get Esbern back with us. He’s the other last Blade and I haven’t spoke to him for a while. But the Thalmor may know where he is and he might be of more use to you than I am.” Delphine looked slightly annoyed. I mean, if I could hand over being the Dragonborn to someone else, I would. All I really wanted in the end was to return home, to Cyrodiil, to my family. 

“And how would I get into the Thalmor embassy?” I asked her. 

“The Thalmor like throwing parties every so often. I can get you into one and that way you can access where they keep their files. I have someone on the inside. The mission is too risky for him, but he is willing to help. His name is Malborn, and he’s a wood elf so he’s got plenty of reasons to hate the Thalmor as much as we do.” 

A party? I almost feel confident again. I am an Imperial noble after all. It would almost be a piece of cake if I didn’t have to sneak into enemy territory and sneak out with stolen items. 

“Alright, I guess we can do that.” I shake my head. I really don’t feel ready.