~13

~AKANE'S POV~

We spend the next few days busy. Satoru had to arrange some files with his father, they were things about the house and him as the future head of the clan. I also had to sing some paper. His father wanted me to have all the gardens of the Gojo family and a house in kyoto.  

"But Souta-sama, I can't have it. It belongs to the Gojo family" I handed the papers about the properties back to him, but he didn't take them back "Akane-hime, you are going to be part of the family so accept this as a early welcome gift" I looked at Satoru but he was just smiling at me "Okay" Souta-sama handed me a pen and I signed the papers. After I gave them back to him "Thank you Akane-hime" I bowed at Souta-sama "I should be the one thanking you Souta-sama" He sat back on his wheelchair, he can't even stand properly "Please Akane-hime, drop the formalities. Call me father instead" I smiled "Then just call me Akane" "deal" we both laughed but his turned into coughing. The doctors rushed him as soon as possible and took him to his room. Satoru gave his father a hug before he left.

Now we had the  rest of the day free before tomorrow. We were walking around the house to the main room to have lunch, but when we were just in front of the door Satoru passed it "Sato-kun?" he put a finger on my mouth "Shhhh, I don't want to have lunch with them is boring" He took my hand and we went to our private garden.

He told me to sit on the porch while he went back to grab something he left, and we  he came back he sat by my side and placed a bento box on my lap. I looked at him confused "I prefer having lunch here with you" He smiled and opened his and looked at him deadpanned "Seriously Satoru? someday you'll have a heart attack because of that" I said while pointing at the bento full of mochis, daifuku and dango. "Hey, I have a green tea mochi. That is healthy" I opened mine and said with a mocking tone "Yeah sure it is" He grabbed the green mochi and showed it of on my face "Well, yeah it is" I took the opportunity and took a bite and I also think I bit his finger. He pulled his hand away and held it "ouch, You bit me !!" I swallowed the mochi "To be fair, I only wanted the mochi" he looked at the mochi and saw that there was only half left "You ate my healthy mochi!!!" "It wasn't healthy so I did you a favour" I tried to grab some food from my bento with his chopsticks but I took it away from him "Now you have to give me something" I stuck my tongue out "NO" he placed a hand on his chest "You are going to regret this" 

And oh how I did. 

After eating lunch 'peacefully' he suggested to take a walk around the lake that was 5 min away from were we where. The innocent me agreed, obviously. Because, what could go wrong? nothing, righ? WRONG. I was now falling face forward to the cold water. 

While we were walking he looked at the water excited "Akane-chan look at the fish" I happily walked to the side of the lake to feel a hand slapping my butt, making me fall inside the lake. 

It was very cold but I wanted to scare Satoru for doing that so I pretended that I was drowning. So while he grabbed the sides of his body while laughing, I threw my arm out slapping and crying for help but through all that splashing water I saw that he wasn't looking at me so I let myself fall to the bottom. 

And a few seconds later I felt his arms pulling me out to the surface. We were both lying  on the lake side. "Hahahhaha, you should have seen your face" I grabbed my stomach from all the laughing, but Satoru was silent "Sato-kun?" "You were pretending?" "Of course I was, that's a pay back for throwing me-" he suddenly grabbed my cheeks forcibly making me look at him. I grabbed his wrist to try and push him away but his grip was too strong "Satoru, your hurting me" he tightened his grip "Don't you ever do something like that, understood?" He was so serious that it scared me so I nodded as I could and he let go of me. He got up "It was only a joke"

When he looked at me I couldn't make out his expression. I think he had so many emotions built up that he couldn't choose. "A JOKE? It was a joke for you Akane. My mother died two days ago, my father is dying right in front of me and I can't do anything, you played dead for 10 years and then comeback as if nothing, I have a fucking bounty for my head and now you come up with that funny joke?" I got up and walked to him "Satou, i'm sorry I didn't know that it would turn up like this" he snorted "Of course you didn't" I grabbed his arm and said softly "We can talk about all you said" he pulled away his amr making me fall backwards. "SATORU!!" Satoru froze after hearing his father. 

Eizen-san ran towards me helping me up "thank you Eizen-san" I cleaned my hands on my wet kimono. "Are you okay Akane-hime?" I smiled at him "Yeah, don't worry I just lost my balance" I look Satoru's father who looked at Satoru as if he broke  the most expensive thing in the house "What happened Satoru?" "nothing happened I just lost my balance" I raised his palm "I asked Satoru" "Just as she said, nothing" He walked past his father to the house. "Satoru stop right there" but he was too far away to hear his father weak voice. His father turned to me "I'm sorry Akane, he isn't normally like that" "It's okay. He's gone thru a lot, it was my fault. I should head back and change" I bowed at him "sorry for the trouble" and I walked back to the house.

I saw Satoru sat at the porch and he had already changed to a dry kimono. I  decided to let him calm down a second and meanwhile I took a shower and dryed why hair. I walked to him and sat beside him, I felt his eyes on my "I'm sorry, for pushing you to the ground" I jiggled my legs over the grass "it was my fault" He had a his elbows on his thighs and his face was covered by the palms of his hands "It was my fault. I'm really sorry I shouldn't  have snapped at you" I kept silent to let him speak "it's just that, I feel so overwhelmed with all the things that have happened in last few days" I rubbed his back "It's okay, I understand. I should have told you the real reason why I didn't came back" I took a long breath.

"It was because I was scared that you would have moved on, I thought that you would forget me and also because of the Zen'in clan" Satoru looked up to me "what about it?" "Satoru, I should have died that day but a man with red hair and a scar spared me. I tried to find out who he was and then I saw a photo of the four great clans leaders and their right hands, and I saw him. He is Hayato Zen'in" "isn't he the one who replaced Toji after he left the clan?" I nodded "I heard my father talking to him a few days before about breaking the arranged marriage between you and me and instead I marry Naoya Zen'in" I saw his eyes widen "Don't worry, my father confirmed it" I took his hands "I now but I- I don't know Satoru. I didn't want to tell you, you already have a lot of things going on" He pulled me closer to him so now my head was resting on his chest "I will protect you, no matter what. I won't let anyone hurt you. I promise" I felt him kiss the top of my head "Thank you Satoru"