17. Jade

I felt so overwhelmed with everything that had been going on. The rumours were cruel and it was as though they wouldn't end. They kept spreading like wildfire. I tried so hard to ignore them but it was all so overwhelming and I felt like I couldn't breathe.

I threw my phone across the room and sank to the floor, crying so hard that it was starting to give me a headache.

Jade walked into the living room casually until she saw me curled up in a ball hugging my knees against a wall. She ran over to me, placing one of her hands on my back.

"Y/N are you okay?"

I shook my head, it was all I could manage. I had an uncomfortable feeling in the pit of my stomach. Like I feared something bad was going to happen.

"I- I don't know what's wrong with me." I stuttered when I finally found my words.

"It's okay, copy me, breathe in." Jade took a deep breath in. "And breathe out." She exhaled slowly, and I tried to follow her. "It's going to be okay, I promise. You're safe." She rubbed my back gently. "Come on, another deep breath for me."

I kept crying for a few minutes in between taking deep breaths until I began to calm down and the feelings in my body decided to subside. Jade kept rubbing my back and pressed a kiss to my forehead.

"It's okay." She whispered which comforted me a lot. "Everything is okay. I'm here. You're safe Y/N."

I collapsed into her as my body all of a sudden became exhausted. My grip loosened as I didn't have the energy to hold on any longer. My head was severly aching and I felt like I could just sleep for a week.

"Are you okay baby?"

I shrugged my shoulders. I definitely felt better emotionally, but my muscles ached from tensing up so much and I was too tired to speak.

"Come on, let's get you on the sofa."

I stood up and my legs bagan to shake. Jade guided me to the sofa just a few steps away from where I had broken down. I laid down gently and Jade pressed another kiss to my forehead.

"You just rest babe."

"What was that?" I managed to say.

"I think you had an anxiety attack babe." Her voice was full of worry.

"I felt like I was dying."

"I know babe, I know. I've noticed you haven't been yourself lately but I didn't know it had gotten this bad. But right now your body needs to recover. Try and get some sleep."

I closed my eyes as she crouched in front of me, running her fingers through my hair. And within seconds I fell into a deep sleep.