Hatred (Shudders)

Wanted to do a quick glance into Ki's past since I did one for Yama and Akai.
———————————————————————————

    White eyes stared down into a puddle of water. Leaves and small chips of concrete floated about. And the reflection of a young demon boy stared back.

     He tsked at what he saw. Particularly the two small black horns that were beginning to sprout from his head. They were giving him headaches and making it hard for him to sleep. He wished he could just rip them out.

"Kaiden! Over here!"

     The boy glanced up and met the black eyes of his father. They were out hunting in the city since it was deer season. The boy didn't want to go but his father made him.

     Ki tsked at the use of his ugly human name and started walking to catch up to the small group comprised of his father and a few others from their group.

     The hatred he had for them. The way they all always behaved so human-like annoyed him.

      Humans were the ones trying to kill their kind. Always hunting them, forcing them into cages, and dragging them underground to never see the light of day again. Any demon would hate them as much as Ki, not Kaiden, does but when moments of attacking the humans presented themselves, his group would rather run and hide in the sewers like rats than show the real pests whose boss.

      It was embarrassing. Humiliating. It made Ki believe he was unfortunate enough to be born into a group of such weaklings.

      Because of his beliefs, he has tried several times to attack any of those humans who happen to travel on the streets above their home. But each time his parents would reprimand him and say that he was risking everyone's safety.

      Last week was another one of his attempts and his mother decided to ground him until now. Like being grounded was supposed to teach him a lesson, he enjoys being separated from his 'family'.

     He wished his father wouldn't have dragged him out of his punishment to go hunting. Just having to listen to him and the other members of his group converse with one another like they were humans irritated the boy so much.

      They were demons! Not humans.

      Ki hit a rock with his tail out of frustration.

      He wanted to leave. Maybe going it alone and not being stuck with these demons was the right idea.

      Just run away and forget they even existed. He doesn't need them nor want them dragging him down if the humans do find them. They would probably run with their tails between their legs instead of fighting like the cowards they were. Ki was only a child yet he has more guts than all of them combined.

"Kaiden." His father called, turning to his son who glared up at him. "Take point up on that building. You know what to do."

      Be the eagle in the sky and watch over the group and deer below him. He knows.

     A deep growl came from the boy as he prepared to teleport. "It's Ki. Not Kaiden."

     His father rolled his eyes and went back to work. He wasn't going to argue over names again or call him that.

     They named him Kaiden for a reason. To give him something human to connect to since he was born a demon. They weren't going to call him anything else besides that.

      Ki reappeared on the roof of the building that his father instructed him to go to and sat down over the edge while he sternly watched his group and the herd of deer below.

      He stared down at his father specifically.

      His father can try to force his beliefs and fake 'humanity' on him all he wants but that was going to be his downfall, Ki knows it.

      If it ever came down to it, his father was going to be Ki's first target.