16

"Esmond, where are you going?" Mother's voice sounded from behind me. I turned my head slightly, before turning back to my work. I didn't answer her, I couldn't.

"Esmond. What. Are. You. Doing?" Her voice becomes colder and colder, the anger seeping clearly through her words. My heart jumped in anxiety, yet I still didn't turn my attention to her.

Go away. Go away. I'm going to find him. Find him, find him.

"Esmond!"

"ARGH! Why didn't you stop him?!?!" In a burst of anger, I swept away the contents from the table, completely ruining my progress. Damn it! My head felt heavy and hot, the anger couldn't be calmed; I turned around and glared at the woman who gave life to me. With an unsteady breath, I tried my best to restrain the rest of my anger.

"Mother...Where is Kai?"

Her frown deepened, her voice grave. "Leave him alone. That boy has suffered enough here. He's starting a new life..." Her words unknowingly touched a sensitive nerve, as my anger lashed out again.

"NEW LIFE MY ASS! HE CAN'T JUST LEAVE ME LIKE THIS!!! NO...nonononono..." The strength in my legs weakened but I gripped tightly onto the edge of the table with my hands. Sweat dripped down my temples, soaking blue strands on my forehead into a deeper shade of blue. "Damn it! Why didn't you stop him?!"

She approached me with a look of disapproval. "Why didn't I stop him? Esmond, why did you push him away?"

At her words, my voice got caught in my throat. "Because...Because, Because! Agh! Did you know this would happen?! I've lost the throne, the Crown! My whole future will be gone!"

The woman before me suddenly sneered. "Esmond, you're my eldest son, and as your mother, it pains me very much to see you in such a riot. But I can see that you still don't understand anything, and until you understand it, I forbid you from leaving this castle."

"... What?" There were so many things in her words that made me confused, but within fractions of a second, I understood. Ah, it hurts, it hurts, it hurts! Kai, come back!

I completely collapsed. Black spots entered my vision and expanded quickly; the voice of my mother echoed faintly in the distance, but it was not what I wanted to hear. 

No... where is he? I want to hear him. In the seconds before I lost myself to the darkness, after months of Kai's absence from my side, the pride that I held so high came crashing down.

I want to see him. I have to see him.

...Kai, please wait for me. If not, I'll chase you till the end of time. When I catch you... I'll make sure you can never leave my side again, and you can punish me in any way you can.

"Esmond! Esmond!" Amalthea rushed to the unconscious body of her son, her voice full of distress and regret. Moving her arms under his head, she carefully held the limp body within her blossom; she looked behind to the door, shouting in anxiousness. "Someone! Hurry and call the physician! The prince has collapsed!"

In her distress and confusion, with all her attention wrapped around the condition of her son, the faint crackling sounds of lightning outside went on deaf ears.

It wasn't until she was about to carry him out, with the help of another male servant did the bolts of thunder outside finally register in her ears.

Odd, she thought, previously the weather was clear as dew this morning. There was no sign of a thunder storm coming.

In the end, she didn't pay the weather phenomena very much attention, after all it wasn't the first time the weather would just switch up like this. There were bigger concerns to her right now, and that was the condition of her son.

Just as the two were about to carry him out the of the room, and inexplicable force suddenly threw the two figures who held Esmond across the room.

The moment Amalthea's back slammed against the wall, she gasped for air, spurts of saliva flung from her mouth as she coughed desperately. The pain in her spine made her unstable, her vision was unsteady and unbalanced and the noise around her was muffled as a bone-chilling bell rang in her head.

The male servant wasn't in any better condition, his body was curled up on the ground, back heaving desperately as he coughed.

But in this moment of disorder, Amalthea still looked for her son, the voice in her head desperately calling out her son's name. So when she saw the scene before her eyes, she unhesitantly leaped forward.

Esmond lay on the floor, illuminated by the cracking lightning that danced in a circle around his body. His pale face was illuminated a ghastly blue, and he seemed unaware of his situation.

"ESMOND!" Amalthea shouted, a flash of light illuminated by her feet, followed by a magic circle, and in a burst of power, she disappeared from her position. The bottom of her dress was torn, revealing the white and slender calves of the Queen but in addition to that, there were mysterious runes that wrapped around her ankles; they glowed brightly like the sun as she leaped towards her son.

But before she could even reach him, a bolt of blue lightning came down on the young figure she was fiercely trying to save. There was a burst of magic, and a burst of wind once again slammed Amalthea back. The room was in an even bigger mess now, and the fear that clenched her heart gripped so tightly she felt as though it would just pop out of her chest in an instant.

Amalthea consciousness faded in and out, her eyes never straying from the familiar head of blue. Tears stained her vision, and she reached out her trembling arms in the direction of her son.

Her vision turned black once again, but the next second she opened her eyes, the familiar figure walked up to her; took her into his embrace and a pair of small hands rubbed her back.

Amalthea frowned, but willingly let her son comfort her. She faded into black again.

Esmond stared at her unconscious body. His amber eyes, which held the instability and self-consciousness of a youth suddenly became clear. The darkness and calculative nature within were exposed, yet there was a look of responsibility and weariness within.

"Ah, why am I so dumb in this life?" He abruptly spoke, "Fortunately, the time isn't too late to catch the little bunny back." There was a laugh in his words, which couldn't conceal the deep possessiveness of his heart.

With his mother in his arms, Esmond coolly drew a magic circle within seconds, and with a flick of his fingers, a small white figure poofed from the magic circle. A small chibi figure dressed in a white bunny suit sat on his palms, the fluffy head of black swung with the faint breeze, and his black button eyes squinted in grief when a big finger pressed against his head, flattening the pair of white bunny ears on his head.

Esmond sat there casually, playing with the little grievous bunny while waiting for the medical teams to arrive.

Extra Corner:

Don't rush me with updates! (⸅⸟⸄)

I understand if you're really enjoying this book, and can't help but be impatient but I'm a high school student with two really big exams coming towards me and I gotta prepare for that!

Just thinking about it makes me scared ༼ ༎ຶ ᆺ ༎ຶ༽

It was a mistake to take AP Lang and Hug! Please give blessings to your poor author! ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ

Redraw: Chapter 7, Alcestic.

@Otto01340079656 on Twitter for more art