"last one done." winter holds up the shirt that had multiple rips on it, the green thread now holding the fabric together. ellie hums and goes to sit up straighter, blinking harshly to wake herself up some. winter is still checking over the shirt, making sure all tears are sewn. ellie slightly smiles at the uneven stitching and the threads that are pulled too tight. she didn't mind, only imagining how often she'd find herself staring at the stitches with a sneaky smile.

"please don't bring this shirt back for me to fix, i think the next step is throwing it away." winter jokingly scrunches her face with a small smile when she looks over to ellie, laughing at her reaction. ellie loudly gasps with a fake shocked expression on her face. "what? you think it'll make it through the next time you shred it?" winter curiously turns the front of the shirt to her to glance over it again with pursed lips. ellie leans over and snatches the shirt from winter, clicking her tongue at the other.

"shut up." ellie lightly huffs, looking down and rubbing her fingers over the green thread. "well, now it has to be invincible since you fixed it, right? you won't get good business if you say that it'll fall apart." ellie raises her eyebrows as she looks at winter with a playful annoyed look, slowly shaking her head in disappointment. "you're so bad at marketing." ellie sighs.

"you're my only client, i'm not too worried about your opinion. i told you it wouldn't come out good." winter says, looking at the shirt that ellie was holding. she felt like she could see every mistake in the sewing, making her cheeks barely tint in embarrassment. truthfully, she got lazy in some parts, not caring about the small size changes or crooked stitches. she got bored and just wanted to be done with it. until ellie was looking at it now. she felt regret, wishing she would've taken the few extra seconds to fix the mistakes instead of showing ellie the obvious home done sewing. "i don't know a lot of variants of stitching, sorry." winter trails off, giving ellie a nervous smile when she looks up. ellie scoffs at winter.

"you did better than me. it looks fine, it's not like i gave you an easy task." ellie has a slight laugh in her voice towards the end. winter shrugs, putting the needle, thread, and knife on the nightstand. ellie watches her, waiting for her to set the objects down, then nudging winter's thigh with her knee. winter looks at ellie with furrowed eyebrows. "i think this level of work will put mary out of business, actually." ellie says, spreading the shirt out over her crossed legs to see it better.

"mary?" winter questions, her head tilting as she tries to remember names she's heard from ellie before. ellie nods, not looking up from the shirt.

"yeah, mary. the seamstress, the one that takes too long. the other seamstress' don't give me discounts so i never go to them." winter shifts to sit up more, more interested in this topic than what they've talked about in the past five hours. she scratches the side of her neck, trying to think of what she wants to ask next.

"oh.. is she nice?" winter asks quietly, catching ellie's eyes when her head whips up to look at winter. she has a small, smug smile and her eyebrows are pulled together, her eyes slightly narrowed. winter felt herself blush at the look ellie gave her, quickly looking away and around the room while she waited for ellie's answer. she can hear ellie's smile in her tone, almost as if she was teasing winter.

"very." ellie nods her head, continuing to stare at winter. holding back a bigger smile when she notices winter's mouth start to crease into a frown.

"good.." winter mumbles, trying to sound less annoyed than she's starting to feel. there was a moment of quietness, winter still refused to look at ellie, already feeling how the other's smile was radiating. if it were any other time, winter knows she'd be jumping at any opportunity to see ellie's smile and the small dimple that it produces when she's smiling hard. she wasn't too sure how she felt about ellie smiling that hard with other people. it felt almost like a ball of tightly wrapped emotions was on her chest. she couldn't completely understand what she was feeling, but she knew it was negative. "why do you get a discount?" she's not entirely sure if she sounded interested still, but it was a half genuine question.