Chapter 1: I look better? Hellnaw

"My momma don't like you

She likes everyone

And I never liked to admit that I was wrong

And I've been so caught up in my job didn't see what's going on

And now I know

I'm better sleeping on my-"

"Oh really?" My brother snatched my headphones and I glared at him.

"Then how come you never tell me about him?" Jake grinned as I looked at him clearly annoyed. He always likes to messed up with me ever since he's in diapers, yeaahhh you heard it. He never failed to make me annoyed, I never hardly have peace when he's at home.

"Like I have a boyfriend, and if I do you would be the last one I would tell." I snatched my headphones back from him.

"Aww look who's mad, I'm just kidding. Everyone knows you're a loner." He laughed as I glared at him then turned away leaving the house.

This boy is so crazy, I'm so done with it.

What? I'm just really pissed off right now so please-

I put on my headphones again and take a walk at a park not too far away from my house.

Looking at the sky really make me calm.

I take a seat at a bench near a beautiful tree, it was my favourite spot. Besides I can have a better view at the sky from here.
I closed my eyes and silently started singing as my favourite song started to play.

"No fair...
You really know how to make you cry when you give me those ocean eyes...
I'm scared
I've never fallen from quite this high when you give me those ocean eyes
Those ocean eyes...."

"WATCH OUT! HEYY- A BALL!!" someone shouted but I'm not sure who they're talking to since I have my headphones on. But the yell make me open my eyes anyway.

Oh no.....then it hit me, right into my cheeks....

"Shit!" The boy cursed as he ran up near me. "Are you okay?! I'm so sorry, it was my fault! Please say something!!" The boy continue yelling as I covered my cheeks in pain.

"It's okay.....ouch!" To be honest it really hurts and clearly not okay. Now I'm going to go to school tomorrow with big cheeks.

"No no.... it doesn't looks fine! Let me help you! Please wait here" I nodded as the green looking boy ran away leaving me there in pain.

After a couple of minutes he came back with a large bandaid and a pack of ice with him.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it." He said looking worried. "This will help a little...." He explained as he touch my cheeks with an ice. "Ouch.." how am I going to face everyone tomorrow."I'm really sorry....."

"It's okay really, I'll be fine." I smiled slightly.

Looking at his worried expression, I can forgive him easily. Because I hate to see when people are sad.
This moment kind of remind me of my previous cat Candy.

When I was 12 I had a cat, I founded her looking for a food at our door. I can't help but gave her something she would like to eat.
She looks really lonely and I wanted to keep her.
I asked my parents for permission but they didn't like the idea. I told them that I'll never eat again until they accept her.

Finally they agreed to it.

She was my only friend and everything.
But I guess William Cowper  was right.
As we see in his poem.

'Our enjoyments I see,
Have a still shorter date.
And die sooner than we.'

Human life is short, but our enjoyments and doing the things we liked is even shorter..

As I was daydreaming about my old cat and my past lives, I completely forgot about where I am and I don't know that I stared at him for a couple of minutes as his voice snapped me back to reality.

"Enjoying the view?" He smirked.

"W-what? I-I don't! I didn't even mean looking at you like that!" I said startled, he is a good looking one but I'm clearly innocent here, but he just chuckled and laughed lightly. "Tell that to your face then"

I touched at my cheeks and now there is a band-aid.

"I put it a long time ago but as you were so busy staring I tried not to interrupt you." He then smirked again jerk.

"Told you I'm not!"

"Yeah yeah whatever."
Then he left without I even thanked him for everything. Well yeah not everything but... whatever..

It's getting pretty late too so I decided to head back.

.......

"What's with your face princess." Jake laughed while holding his tummy but I was too tired to even argue with him.

"A ball hit me."

"Well what can I say, you are right! You face looks much better when your cheeks is like that!" He continue laughing but I just went straight to my bed.
Too much for today and I'm super tired.

Today was such a mess. I sighed while looking myself at the mirror.
I don't wanna go to school anymore.

My cheeks hurts whenever I move and how long will it take to heal?
"Wait..what?"
I looked carefully at my reflection of the band-aid on the mirror as it was written.

I look better ;)

With a wink on it.

I was so confused at first then it hit me, this must be that strange guy I knew it.
He wrote it!
He done it while I was daydreaming!
Why am so stupid not to even realize it sooner!
Ahhhhh
"Ouchhhh"

"Sorry to interrupt your talking to yourself session but I'm trying to talk to my friends at phone right now." My brother stand at my bedroom door and I throw my pillow at him. Hard.

"Mommmm! Lil sissy hit me with her shoes!!"
Let me explain, he's not older than me. He just likes teasing me so much and since I'm smaller than him of course, he called me his little sister.

"RACHEL ROTH! I TOLD YOU NOT TO HIT YOUR BROTHER WITH SHOES ANYMORE!" My mom shouted from the kitchen as he grinned slightly.

"Mommmm! I don-"

"Come down and help me in the kitchen. Now!"

"Ughhh" i groaned as I walk downstairs.

"Rachel now tell me- WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE?!" My mom started.

I sighed and explained everything to her while preparing the table.

"Next time don't forget to keep those big eyes of yours open widely." My mom scolded me as I replied

"Yeah yeah I will...I will."

--

Hiiii!
Thank uuuu for readingggg
Btw Jake is an oc :)
Hope u like him<3

Please vote comment and share!

See you soon!