New School.

"Needles to say, I~ Mmm~ mmm~ All bad-bad, nevertheless. Callin' it quits now, baby-"

"Miles!"

"-I'm a wreck. Crash at my place, baby, you're a wreck. Ooh~ ooh~ ooh~"

"Miles!"

"Some things you just can't refuse~"

"Miles!"

"She wanna ride me like a cru-"

"MILES!!" "Y-yeah!" the boy finally responded. "Are you finished packing for school?" his father yelled. The boy slowly turned around and faced his empty suitcase. "Yeah...?"

>>Sunflower:A song by Swae Lee.

He quickly stood up and took his basket full of clothes and dumped them inside the suitcase. "I'm putting in my last shirt!" he yelled, loud enough for his parents to hear as he struggled to close his bag and put on his uniform. He left his room in a hurry searching for his missing device as his father suggested that he'd drive him to school to which he refused.

Finally out of his mother's grasp, he left to his new school, greeting his old friends as he passes by. He took out his signature stickers and placed them here and there. He ran, jumped, and placed a sticker on a sign but as he landed, he tripped over his laces and rolled on the pavement infront of an incoming police car. He slowly lifted himself up and groaned when he noticed that it was his father's.

--

"Seriously, dad, walking would have been fine." "You can walk plenty on Saturday when you peel those stickers off." his father deadpanned. "You saw that--? I don't know if that was me dad." the boy tried defending himself. "And the two from yesterday on Clinton."his father added to his statement. "Yeah... Those were me..."he finally confessed.

The car became quiet, too quiet for father's liking. "So... Look at that. Another new coffee shop. You see that Miles?"

"Totally...yeah"

"You see that one? What's that one called?"

"Foam Party--"

"Foam Party?" his father, Jeff, said before laughing. "And everyone's just lining up. You see that Miles?"

"I see it."

"Is that a coffee shop or a disco?"

"Dad, your old."

"Old--?" his father chuckled before turning up his radio to listen to the daily news channel, only for him to immediately turn it off with an annoyed sigh once he heard the familiar superhero's name. "Spiderman... I mean, this guy swings in once a day. Zip, zap, zop, in his little mask and answers to no one, right?"

"Yeah, dad... Yeah."

"Lives on the line."

"Uh-huh." Miles responded as he took a look out the window, noticing a familiar face looking back at him.

"No mask, you know we show our faces." his father continued.

"Oh no. Dad, dad, speed up, speed up. I know these kids." Miles said as he tried hiding his face, noticing them coming up towards their car.

"With great ability, comes great accountability."

"That's not even how the saying goes, dad."

"However it goes." his father said, slowing down and stopping the car.

"Oh my gosh! Don't cops run red lights?" Miles asked desperately as he hid his face more from the cellphone cameras.

"Well yeah some do. But, uh, not your dad."

"Yo Miles! You gettin' arrested?" he heard from outside.

--

Miles looked outside the window as they pulled up infront of the school. "Why can't I go back to Brooklyn Middle?" "Miles, you give me two weeks. We are not having this conversation."

"I just think that this school is elitist, and I would prefer to be at a normal school. Among the people."

"The people? These are your people."

"I'm only here because I won that stupid lottery--"

"No way. You passed the entry test just like everybody else, okay? You have an opportunity here. You wanna blow that, huh? You wanna end up like you uncle?"

"What's wrong with uncle Aaron? He's a good guy."

His father sighed as he looked down, "We all make choices in life...."

"Why does it feel like I have a choice right now--"

"YOU DON'T!"

Miles looked away from him, feeling irritated. He opened the door, stepped out, and took his belongings from the front seat.

"I love you, Miles."

"Yeah... I know, dad. See you Friday." he said closing the door. He turned and made his way towards the school, only to stop halfway the stairs the moment he heard the siren.

"You gotta say 'I love you' back."

"Dad, are you serious?!"

"I wanna hear it."

"You wanna hear me say--"

"I love you, dad."

"Your dropping me off at school--"

"I love you, dad"

"Look at this place!"

"Dad, I love you."

He sighed heavily, looking at him, "Dad..." he paused as he rolled his eyes slightly, "...I love you."

"That's a copy." his father said with a smile. He turned around and proceeded to walking to school. "And tie your shoes, please!" his father completed as he drove away.

Everyone around him giggled and laughed,"I love you dad!~" someone mocked as he stepped inside of the building.