Last Chapter

a/n: Once again, I want to thank everyone here for reading this story and leaving feedback, comments votes and such, it truly means a lot! I'm pretty surprised and flattered that some of you go back to reread it and are invested in this story so to show some of my appreciation, I'm leaving you with this last chapter which hopefully will leave you satisfied.

Also at the end of the chapter, I attached a sketch of them related to it. I hope you'll like it!

Sincerely,
silly writer 

***

By now, I'd been working at the cafe for a month. I got along with the team quite well, enough to feel like I temporarily found a place I belonged to. While I spent time with everyone there, I noticed that I was unconsciously avoiding Nagito. I enjoy his company and miss it at times... but at the same time, recently, everytime I'm spending time with him, I get overwhelmed.

"What're you looking at, Hinata?" asked Amami, spooking me slightly. "A-ah. Nothing much, haha. Just planning out mine and Nagito's engagement date. I uhh..." I massaged my forehead. "Are you okay?" Somehow he managed to notice my usaid worries. "Yeah, for the most part. Umm... to be honest, I'm feeling a bit hesitant about our engagement–" I halted and stared at Amami with blank eyes, realizing that I had just admitted to something really serious. "I-it was just a slip of the tongue... I didn't mean to say that." I smiled awkwardly, overwhelmed with a sinking feeling.

"Hinata," He took a deep breath. "you don't have to feel bad for saying it, you know." Amami's voice was very comforting, so much so that I felt like perhaps I indeed didn't have to freak out about having spoken my true feelings out loud. "Okay..." I took some time to calm my nerves. "But for the love of god, please, don't tell him. I don't want to hurt him." He assured me he wouldn't say a thing, sat down next to me and seemed willing to hear me out.

"I usually don't go much in depth on how Nagito and I came to be. Perhaps it's something I should consult with a therapist instead..." I shook my head slightly. "I can't bring myself to do so. Anyway, Nagito can be quite the sweet guy. I'm pretty sure you can agree, right?" He nodded softly. "Even though he puts a front at times, but well... don't we all, haha. The thing is..." I gazed at Amami, although he was a trustworthy guy, I hesitated before getting to the point.

"I'm scared, I guess. I'll put it that way—he didn't treat me with respect when I first met him. It was so hard to get him to acknowledge his own actions and get him to understand his... wrongdoing. I wasn't umm... in the best place mentally either when we met so I didn't handle it very well–" I bit my bottom lip, trying to keep calm. "But in the end, I decided to forgive him since he seemed to genuinely regret doing things that I wasn't comfortable with. Since, he also has made the effort to become a better person. I took notice of it and I'm proud, honestly. But even with that... I'm not exactly sure how I feel about rushing into getting engaged with him, especially since he suddenly brought it up without asking me first and I excitedly went along with it." Although I omitted a lot of shit that still weighed on me, sharing this story was really tough for me nonetheless and without a doubt it showed on my face.

For a while Amami was quiet, trying to process what I'd told him. "Hmm... it might be hard for me to give you proper advice. However, I can tell you one thing. Though I'm sure he'd be hurt if you told him that, what you feel is valid and for the sake of your relationship, you definitely should communicate your feelings and doubts to him."

"Hmm... yeah, maybe. Thanks for listening." I smiled weakly. In the end, there's no other way than to be upfront about it, huh... "No problem. If you ever need somebody to vent to, I don't mind listening to your troubles. I always do it for my sisters so whenever a friend vents to me, I just feel like I'd gotten myself another sibling." By his warm expression and chuckle, I could sense how much he cared for his family. What a good guy. "Don't be afraid of being honest, okay? If he can't respect your feelings, personally, I think it's something to be concerned about."