Chapter 26

a/n: when I saw that my story was close to reaching 100k reads, I thought it'd be nice to write the final chapter as a thanks to you ppl who enjoyed the story! So here it is~

♡♡♡

“Oh, Hinata-san, mind giving me a hand?” Chihiro asked me when he noticed me approaching him. He’d already started setting up the tent. “Yup, sure.” I kneeled next to him and looked at the manual. “Okaaay.. let’s start with these thingies.” I said while grabbing a long pipe.

The process of setting up the tent was long and tiresome so I won’t bother to tell you about it in detail, but I will tell you that I’m sure that if anyone else was helping him the tent would be set a long, long time ago. As you may guess my camping skills were close to nonexistent so he did most of the hard work, I was just poorly following his instructions. “Oof, we’re finally done.” I sighed and went inside the tent to look around and admire our (his--) hard work. “We should grab our stuff from the building.” I looked over Chihiro who nodded at that. Soon enough the sleeping bags and blankets were in their right places ready for us to use them later.

I went out of the tent and noticed Mikan carring a bunch of wood for the campfire. “A-ahh! Stupid, you can’t drop it here, j-just a bit more..” she looked like she was having trouble so I quickly helped her out before the disaster happened. “Th-thank you, Hinata-kun.. that was close.” She sighed relieved when all the wood and branches were saved. “Nah, no problem.” I shook it off. “Where’s Yumeno-san?” I asked curiously and just after heard a cough behind my back which gave me a big spook. “Oh, geez. Not again..” she sulked. “I may be short but it’s not an excuse for you all you be ignoring my presence like that!”

“Sorry.” I smiled awkwardly. “Are you done with carrying the wood?” I asked her politely being ready to help them out if there was a need. “Hmm.. yeah, we are! Just need to perform fire magic now.” she clapped her hands and took some matches out of her backpack. “I left my wand at home, so I’m using these but the magic is still as real as it only can get.” She explained herself even though no one questioned her.

It took her just a few minutes to start a fire so honestly, I am a believer now. Magic is real.  

I smelled something nice in the air. “Curry!” I shouted out breaking the silence. I stormed to sneak to the house. The smell was flowing through the opened window. I peeked inside and saw Komaeda mixing something in a pot and Amami preparing the dishes. My stomach growled. “Ahh.. I want some of that already.” That’s when an idea came to my mind. I stepped into the kitchen and looked around trying not to look suspicious at all.

“Oh, hey guys, how’s it going? Need any help?” I tried to sound casual. “Nope, we’re all good.” Said Komaeda without turning back. I wanted to play it cool but the curry smelled too nice, I wanted to try it so badly. Komaeda looked at me and chuckled deviously. “Hajime.” Upon hearing him calling my name I started looking around nervously. “What?” I pouted. “You’re drooling.” He pointed out and tried to hold back from laughing his ass off. “I’m not!!” I wiped the drool away. “..okay, maybe I was. But you gotta understand me, this curry smells so fucking good..!” I looked at him with begging eyes.

He sighed and gave in. “Close your eyes~” I closed them obediently and soon felt something warm on my lips. “Wait. That’s not the curry.” I stated taken aback and disappointed at the same time and opened my eyes just to see that bastard kissing me. It’s surprising that I didn’t predict it. “The curry will be done soon, you can try it then.” he stuck his tongue out. I pouted and left the kitchen unsatisfied.

I’d heard Amami talking with Komaeda just before I left. “You could’ve given him a spoonful.” he questioned him curiously. “Oh, I know, but I love getting on his nerves!” he stated way too happily giving me even more reason to keep sulking. “Idiot.” I mumbled.

The wait was painful but definitely worth it. The curry was really delicious and I ate as much of it as I only could which seemed to please Komaeda. “I’m glad you’re enjoying it~” he chuckled when looking as I was basically shoving the third bowl of curry in my mouth. “A-dnfnmm.” I tried to tell him something but all that came out was incomprehensible. “So cute!” he laughed while cupping his chin in his both hands.

 “It seems like we won’t have any leftovers.” Said Amami when looking into the pot which not so long ago was fully filled with curry. “Sowwy.” I said a half-assed apology while finishing up my last bowl. “It’s fine, we hardly ever have leftovers when Komaeda cooks something.” he shrugged it off as only natural even though I was the main factor why it was gone so fast.

 “Ahh.. I’m full. I wanna rest now.” I yawned and headed towards the tent. “Call me if you need me for anything.” I lazily waved to everyone while getting into it. “Wait, Hajime..!” I could hear Komaeda’s desperate calling right when I was about to close the tent. “Huh? What is it?” I asked him while yawning yet again. “I wanna rest with you~” he said while clinging to me. “Fine..” I sighed and smiled like a mother giving in to her kid’s selfish pleading. “But just so you know, we ain’t gonna share one sleeping bag.” I made sure while already getting into one. He looked kinda unhappy with that but I wasn’t going to give him any chances to make a move on me. Not here. And anyway, these bags are too fucking small for two people to share.

“..can we hold hands at least?” he asked hesitantly when after he’d already covered himself with his own sleeping bag and rested by my side. “I don’t see why not.” I said while grabbing his hand softly and falling asleep in a blink of an eye.

What felt like a few seconds to me passed and I heard him whispering quietly to my ear. “Thank you, Hajime.” he paused for a bit and continued. “Thank you.. for making me the luckiest guy in the whole world.” I wanted to answer him but I was already sleeping heavily.

 “Good night~” he kissed my forehead and from what I could guess went to join the guys who were still sitting by the campfire. I could hear their laughs and loud talking in my sleep but it didn’t bother me, actually, it was kind of nice.

That night I had a dream about working with them in the café and being part of their team. I wouldn’t mind working my ass off as a waiter as long as my workplace would be as lovely as theirs seemed to be. I’m sure I dreamt about it because it was a first time in a while I had so much fun being part of something. And..

I wish it lasted forever.