Chapter 12: The Heart of the Stars!

Hey minna! Sorry about the end of last chapter, I wrote some of it in Lucy's pov, but it is fixed now! I just got a bunch of new drawing supplies (I'm trying to learn how to draw manga, it's going pretty slow). Anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter, where Lucy and the others perform The Heart of the Stars!

-------------------------------------------------

Erza

Natsu roared fire at Rin, and she backed up, using ice to block herself.

"I have to admit, I almost felt fear as your Lucy there started that spell. It would have killed me, most likely." She laughed, and the sound tickled my ears like ice inside me. "But I am sure she won't be able to do that again on my watch."

Me and my nakama looked at each other. I nodded, so small it was almost impossible to see. I switched into my Samurai Armour, and lunged at Rin.

She was incredibly fast, and my swing only clipped her cloak. I clenched my teeth, and darted out of the way before Gray and Juvia's cannon hit me. Lucy pulled out her whip and snapped it purposefully to the left, throwing the demon off guard. Natsu and Gajeel both leaped at her, throwing punches, trying to wear her out.

I noticed Lucy had on slightly different boots than before and realized that it was actually Gemini fighting. A decoy...But where is the real Lucy? I joined the fight, managing to hit her a few times, although it did little to no damage.

As I was attacking Rin, I noticed Lucy was only feet behind Rin's back, we could just barely see her in the snow. I see, we have to make sure Rin doesn't turn around so Lucy can prepare the spell! Suddenly, Rin shot out icicles sharp as my swords. We dodged them, but there were too many so some of them hit us. I had a few cuts on my arms and above my eye, some blood running out. She kept attacking, throwing blasts of snow and ice at us, and throwing us around. I wasn't sure how much more of this we could take. The real Lucy began to glow and the air actually began to heat up. Gemini disappeared suddenly, and Rin turned around, and upon seeing Lucy, gathering up an ice spell to try and knock her out.

------------------------------------------------------

Natsu

I saw Rin begin to throw the large tornado at Lucy, and I ran forward, gathering fire around my arm.

"Iron Fist of the Fire Dragon!" I shouted, connecting with Rin's back. My flames went out as soon as they touched her, and my body suddenly got really cold. I looked down at my hand after hitting her and saw it was as if I had frostbite, my hand and the rest of me was white with snow flakes. I fell to the ground, hearing my teammates call my name. I was unable to respond, though I wasn't worried because I knew Lucy was going to do the spell right.

------------------------------------------------------

Lucy

I couldn't see or hear anything, golden light was the basis of my vision. There was no chant involved in this spell, you only had to have your direct focus on your nakama and those you loved. I felt massive amounts of energy being sucked out of me, but I kept standing. I suddenly heard a voice break through to me, it must have been very loud, but to me it sounded like a whisper in the wind.

"Natsu! Wake up, come on!" It was Erza's voice, and I heard a few others.

A chill ran through me. Natsu?! What happened to him? I have to complete this spell as fast as I can! Hold on, minna!

I directed my energy out even faster, feeling myself shout a bit in pain. I finally opened my eyes, and saw Rin was about to cut me open with her ice axe. I held my hand out, and the axe broke into thousands of pieces. Rin creased her forehead, and began to direct large and powerful bursts of snow and ice at me, and I directed them back at her. Rin almost looked angry. I took a deep breath and thought of each of my spirits. Aquarius, Taurus, Cancer, Virgo, Sagittarius, Loke, Gemini, Aries, Scorpio, Capricorn, I call upon these spirits to destroy this demon. I looked at my friends, who watched in awe as my spirits appeared behind me, in fighting stances. I wish for the most powerful magic to help my friends attack this demon. Erza, her strongest version of her Purgatory armor, Natsu, Crimson Lotus Exploding Flame Edge, Gray, Ice Blade; Seven Slice Dance, Gajeel, Dragon Slayer Secret Art; Karma Demon, Juvia, Wings of Love. I watched as my friends, even the now normal Natsu, stood up, a golden light emitting from their eyes. There were seemingly endless stars everywhere, the light was so bright.

"Celestial Secret Art; The Heart of the Stars!" I exclaimed as my nakama and my spirits performed a large unison raid. Rin's eyes were shaking, and I thought I actually saw a tear forming at the bottom of one of her icy blue eyes.

I watched the blinding light that came from the massive attack. I sighed in relief. We did it... I thought as I fell to my knees. I noticed the ground was hard, and I felt grass tickling my legs and hands.

I looked up and my spirits were fading away, waving to me, even Aquarius. I smiled and lifted a heavy hand, waving back. My friends were on their knees like me, and I first made eye contact with Natsu. We both smiled, but then I realized, Rin is still alive.

She was laying on the ground, her clothes and cloak tattered and dull. She shakily lifted her head, and let out a small chuckle. "I...bet those books you read about me didn't actually say the real reason that fool of a celestial mage died after taking my power away." Her voice sounded human, it no longer held the icy yet silver sweetness as before.

My breath caught. What is she talking about?!

"Nani?" Natsu said, struggling to get to his feet.

Rin shook her head. "Stupid humans....they just do things so blindly without paying attention to consequence in this world."

"What are you saying?! You destroy towns and people without giving it a second thought!" I exclaimed.

"That's because humans are weak and until now I'm not even the teeniest bit afraid of their idea of consequence." She said, pausing before continuing. "To try and ensure that when I am reborn no one has the power to defeat me, I set a curse unto myself for when my magic is taken away."

"Curse?!" Erza exclaimed, clenching her fists and uprooting a handful of grass.

"Those lost souls of mine...They will never be able to go to the afterlife. When my magic is taken away, they stay in the same lifeless void, this time without doing anything until I reclaim my magic. No matter what; you, Lucy Heartfilia would join my lost souls for eternity. That is the curse." Rin said, her white hair covering her eyes.

I...am going to be a lost soul no matter what?! I looked at my nakama, who all looked shocked. Erza had angry tears in her eyes, and Natsu had his head down, his arms shaking.

I felt a sharp pain go through my body, and saw I had white runes covering my skin. I gasped, and my vision was already going dark.

Fear.

------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Well this chapter took a turn for the worst....Is there any way Lucy can get out of the curse? There really sin't much hope, but Natsu won't have any of it! Find out more in the next chapter, "Consequences!" (The next chapter will be the third or second to last chapter)