Chapter 7. Never Tear Us Apart (Part 1)

Y/N' POV

Okay, what the hell was that? I lift my head off of Taylor's chest and try to hide the growing smirk on my face.

Was she really thinking of me, or am I just a narcissist? What was she thinking about that got her so excited?

I stretch after I get up and notice Taylor quickly exit the room. Weird.

I make my way over to the bathroom to freshen up. It probably wasn't the best idea to sleep over with literally no belongings with me, but I guess I'll know better next time. Will there be a next time, though? Taylor doesn't seem too happy at the moment. Maybe I did something weird in my sleep. I do starfish and take most of the blanket, but it didn't look like I did last night.

As I exit the bathroom, I gather Taylor's sleepwear she lent me and make my way over to the living room. The smell of seasoning and breakfast sausage is becoming more prominent, which gives me the idea that she's in the kitchen rather than the lounge. As I enter the kitchen, I see a gorgeous Taylor Swift with her Stella McCartney merch from her Lover album. Funny, I remember contemplating whether or not to buy her merch cause I never thought celebs would wear their own stuff.

"Smells good!" I say with a little more enthusiasm than necessary. I think I'm just making up for the awkwardness that was caused earlier.

She jumps a little at my voice that came from nowhere.

"Y/n, you scared me!!" She chuckles, turning off the flame from the stove.

"My bad. Won't happen again!" I promise, chuckling with her.

"Give me a warning when you come next time..." she says before pausing for a second.

I notice a blush appearing on her cheeks and I don't want to say anything, just so she can bask in this awkwardness she seems to enjoy putting me through.

"Ummm-Er-I mean...." she stutters.

"Give you a warning when I come, got it," I smirk at her, making her blush harder.

"Did you want to give me a countdown too, or?" I play with the awkwardness even more.

"So I made some vegetarian sausage and eggs!" She says, turning around, completely changing the subject.

I laugh at her awkwardness. So she can dish it out, but can't take it....also noted.

"How do you make vegetarian eggs?" I question.

"The eggs are cage-free regular eggs, but the sausage is vegetarian," she replies, plating the food for the both of us.

"Ohh duh," I say with a slight chuckle.

We sit on the island in her kitchen. Every part of her home is gorgeous. Her countertops are granite and the stools are a retro red style but with a backrest.

"You know, it's funny. I always loved the retro theme in old-fashioned diners. So much to the point where I wanted to put a booth in my kitchen," I share with a laugh.

"Me too! The stools match my set in New York! There's a retro kitchen in the pool house. I'll have to show you when we're in New York together." She says before taking a bite of her breakfast.

So she does want to keep hanging out? I wonder why she was distant earlier...

I take a bite and moan at the taste. Holy shit she's a fantastic cook!

I see her grin at my reaction from the corner of my eye, a blush appearing on her cheeks once again.

"Seriously Tay, you are such a great cook! Oh my god." I moan, taking another bite.