Chapter 48. Waiting For a Girl Like You (Part 1)

Y/N'S POV

"Text me when you're at your gate! And text me when you're boarding and about to take off! Don't forget to text when you land! If you're lost, please just call me! We can figure it out over the phone together!" Taylor says, squeezing me tightly.

"Taylor-" I try, but she continues talking as she holds me in the world's tightest hug.

"And if you're feeling overwhelmed, call me! Please just call me, baby! Even if it's 3 in the morning, I promise you, darling, I'll answer! If you wanna come back home, call and I'll take the jet to come get you. We'll get out of there so fast, baby, I promise!" Taylor says reassuringly.

I chuckle at her excessiveness as I hug her back.

"I'll call you, Taylor! I promise!" I say, my voice sounding tight as she squeezes me even harder.

"I love you, Y/n! So much, baby!" She says, neglecting to let go of me.

"I love you more, Taylor!" I say into her chest.

She pulls away and kisses me longingly before pulling away again. I take this opportunity to pick up my bags that were set aside on the airport concrete before kissing her lips once more.

"I promise I'll call you, Tay! I love you." I say my final goodbyes before walking away.

"I love you too, baby! I'll talk to you later! Make good choices!" She shouts teasingly as I walk through the airport doors.

I'll be honest, now that Taylor and I are good, I kinda don't wanna go on this trip to Colorado with Dakota to go see the family. Not to say I don't want to spend time with them, because I do. I just wish I could bring Taylor with me so that I'm living my life with her the way any normal couple would. But, with this seemingly never-ending feud between her and Dakota, that's probably the most unrealistic wish anyone could have.

I'm supposed to be spending the greater part of a week with them and then come back to New York to immediately fly to Nashville with Taylor to be with her family for the real Thanksgiving. I think I'm more nervous about that than anything else because I've only met her mom and her entire family probably has really high expectations of me.

I'm also supposed to be meeting Dakota here at the airport because she said she wanted to fly with me to Aspen instead of me meeting her there at her dad's house. I thought that was a little odd, but hey, I love Dakota, so I'm not complaining.

I make it through check-in and security and find my way to the terminal. When I spot a woman in business casual clothes and shades on, my anxiety eases immediately, knowing that it's Dakota.

"Sunglasses on indoors? If I didn't know any better, I would think you were hungover..." I tease, sitting down next to her.

Her cheeks flush a little red as her signature smile stretches across her face.

"Y/N!!" She cheers, engulfing me in a tight hug.

"Hey, Dakota! How's life?" I ask as I get situated and text Taylor I'm at the gate.

"Life's good! I miss you so much!" She says softly as she holds on to me.

"I missed you too" I chuckle, before pulling away from her.

She takes off her shades and puts them in her bag.

"I'm really excited for this week! It's gonna be so much fun! Everyone's really excited to see you again" She says softly as her gentle blue eyes look up at me.

"Good! I'm excited too! I really wanna try ski biking this year! I think Jasper and Jesse might wanna try it with me" I say, checking my vibrating phone only to see that it's Taylor's fast reply sending me a red heart.