Epilogue

After the revolution and the successful takeover of Detroit, all humans were ordered to evacuate the city, deeming it unsafe. Me and Belle tried to stay, but Markus, Pops and Tiff told us to leave, saying that they'll be in contact soon. I'm not too sure if my identity as the Deviant Protector was exposed or not, but it still felt wrong for me to leave when everything started to take off.

However, as much as I adored my androids and wish for them to be completely safe, I also needed to be alongside Hank, who ended up cutting his Russian Roulette game short. Both me and Belle were staying in a small town that was near Detroit. We both were in the same hotel, but on different floors. While Belle took Carl and Leo into a upper floor suite to cater to their needs, I took Hank and Sumo to a lower level room that was connected.

I was reading on my tablet while he was fixing our food. The anticipation of waiting on news from either my androids or articles were there, to the point where I didn't sleep until we checked in. A news article did come out, but it was alarming. "They aren't going to decommission the RK800 series until all the deviants are cleared out of Detroit, and they're placing the RK900 series in nearby cities that are in risk of getting taken over by deviants"

"They're still making androids after what happened with Detroit?" He grumbled, bringing the food and bottles of beer to the table. Before he sat down, he made a quick bowl for Sumo, who was happily waiting for food. Once it was placed in front of him, Sumo took the bowl and moved it to another area, happily eating it. Hank then sat down and began eating. We both ate in silence.

It was a weird feeling, eating with family after not doing it for years. If only-

"It's weird, isn't it, D?" He interrupted my thought, glancing at me. "I know...I haven't been father of the year and all that...but still, I'm glad that you're alive and well..." He stated, but there was a linger of sadness in his tone. "Did you, by any weird chance, view Connor as a brother?" He asked, but I shrugged. "I'm not too sure. He has been hunting me down since the outbreak started...and probably still is" I smiled, changing the topic. "AWH. Look at you with your feelings. I guess old people do get sentimental"

"The fuck did you just say?" I laughed as he sneered, rolling his eyes. "That's funny? In that case, this old sentimental man will take this back. Come back next year when you're 21, the actual drinking age" My mouth dropped as he grabbed the bottle of beer that was right next to me. My mouth dropped as he burst out laughing. I sucked my teeth, grabbing the bottle back as we both moved to the living room, turning the TV to the news that was replaying the same thing.

"You are nothing like your mother..." He stated randomly, drinking his beer. "I don't even remember her, honestly..."

"You weren't that young when she left. Cole was a lot younger than you were" He stated, tilting his head slightly, studying me. "Look nothing like her too" He mumbled as I narrowed my eyes. "Can't even have my own alcohol anymore..."

"I heard that you were a huge alcoholic anyways. Glad I'm here to tame that"

"I don't condone underage drinking" I raised my beer bottle and drank from it. "Too bad. As your daughter, I'm here to make sure that you don't die from alcohol poisoning, metal stuck in you brain or an android. Besides, I've done worse than this"

"I don't recall you ever being behind bars" With a sigh of defeat, he chuckled and continued drinking, focusing on the news.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens next.