Chapter 1-1

DATE
November 6th, 2038
TIME
09:27:50
LOCATION
Dahlia's Home

"Finished...I updated his program and cleaned up any wounds he had..." I yawned and stood up as the deviant from last night had a relaxed look on his face while he was sleeping. "That's my girlie, Dollie" Poppy, my Android, softly clapped as we walked from the living room to the kitchen.

Poppy is one of androids...well, I saved her from being destroyed by a cruel doctor

"I hate that humans are trying to destroy their own creation. Shows how much of a hypocrite they are" Pops vented as she started to cook, holding a finger up before I could speak. "You're eating my breakfast. Waffles and wine...or vodka?" She asked as I shrugged. "It's nice outside, so maybe some coffee before I go run errands. Make it black like my soul"

"Peppermint bark with a shitton of creamer and sugar. Got it" She said as I flipped her off. "Not nice, Dolls! Not nice" Pops called out as I walked outside the kitchen. Everyone was gathered by the TV.

"That's bullshit. He destroyed her...and the little girl as well!" Neptune (or Nep), another Android of mine screamed and flipped the TV off as I walked over to her. "Morning to you too, Nip-Nep" I leaned on her head as she slid down in her spot. "Todd Williams? Of course they believe the stupid humans over the Androids, no offense, D" She rants as I shrugged. "None taken"

"Geez...this particular one was destroyed previously due to 'being run over by a car'. If anything, she got ran over by that fatass. Hell, he's probably doing Red Ice" Nep vented some more as Pops came out with waffles and a large tumblr filled with coffee.

"He looks like the type to do Red Ice. Anyways, your phone went off numerous times" She handed me my phone as I looked at the contact and groaned. "Well, looks like I'm going to work early. Don't misbehave, you two!" I called over my shoulders and went to my car.

By the way, it's semi-pajama day at work...in my mind, that is.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

DATE
November 6th, 2038
TIME
09:58:01
LOCATION
Detroit Police Department

"Don't even think about sitting down for a minute, Dahlia. My office, now!" I internally groaned and walked towards Jeffery's office and closed the door behind me. Ignoring the duo from last night, I took a seat in front of Jeffery.

"We get 10 new cases involving androids everyday, like old ladies losing their android maids and that crap. But now, we're getting reports of assault, hell, even homicides, like last night" Jeffrey explained, but I stopped him. "What does that have to do with us?" I asked as he sent a glare my way before continuing.

"This is no longer Cyberlife's problem. It's becoming a criminal investigation and we gotta deal with it before shit hits the fan. I'm pairing you two up to investigate and see if there's any links" He explained as I raised an eyebrow at the Captain. "I'm sorry, what?"

"Why me? I'm the least qualified cop to handle this case, and I can't even change the settings on my phone" Hank said as I raised an eyebrow at him before stating my reasons. "Jeffrey, I already told you that I'm not working with ANYBODY, android or not. Besides, I'm just getting started on this shit. No where near qualified" I said, getting angry by the minute. "You see, we're both not qualified for the job" Hank said as Jeffrey continued.

"You're both perfectly qualified for this-"

"Don't even fucking finish that statement. That's bullshit and you know it" I said, standing up. "Nobody wants to investigate this damn androids and you're just tossing this shit on us" Hank cursed as Jeffery sighed.

"You both don't seem to understand the situation-"

"Then enlighten us on why we have to work together"

"Cyberlife sent this state-of-the-art prototype to help you both with this investigation" He explained as we both groaned. "Captain Jackass. I am NOT working on this fucking case and that's final!" I said, anger was severely evident in my voice. "And I'm definitely not working on this case with that plastic prick!" Hank yelled as Jeffery was evidently losing his patience. "You both better watch your fucking tone and shut your goddamn mouth!" He said as I galred at him.

"You know what my goddamn mouth has to say to you?"

"What my goddamm mouth has to say is this, you three are working together and that is final!" He threatened.

"No fucking way!" We both yelled at him.

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that, so I don't have to add anymore pages to your disciplinary folder, Hank, cause it already looks like a fucking novel" He paused as Hank stormed out, and looked at me. "Any more objections out of your mouth and I'll send a report to Cyberlife, Dahlia" He threatened as I groweled. "The fuck does Cyberlife have to do with this? You said that this isn't their problem anymore!" I yelled and stood up, if I wasn't already.

"They specifically wanted you to work on this case, so I'm putting you on this fucking case, and you're working with both of them" He said as I was about to walked out. I stopped and turned around. "Send them the report. I don't give a rats-"

"We'll be glad to work together on this case. Have a nice day, Captain" Connor covered my mouth and said as he dragged the both of us out of his office. Walking away from the android and towards my desk, I was greeted with some asshole swirling in my chair. "Well, someone is looking more pissed off than usual. Morning, Dollie" Can my day get any worse?

"The hell do you want?" I crossed my arms and asked as he gotten up and motioned me to follow him. "Why?"

"You need a cup of coffee, and I know how to make some" He walked towards the break room as I groaned waited for a few minutes before going to the break room myself, only to see Connor making coffee.

"Mornin' Chris. Can you tell me why jackass Reed is indirectly making coffee?" I asked as he shrugged and gotten up, quickly leaving. Am I really this scary when angry?

"Here you go. One cup of plastic coffee. You're welcome" Reed said and walked away before I could do anything. Sighing, I drank the black coffee and walked over to Connor, who looked confused. "Ignore him. He knows how to push buttons and escape before suffering the consequences...oh, and don't do anything else he tells you" I said and walked back to my desk and scrolled through some files for a while.

About 15 minutes or so, I felt someone leaning against my desk. Glaring up, it was a somewhat calm Hank. "What?" I glared back at the tablet and kept scrolling, ignoring the intense stare I was getting.

"I'm getting lunch and I have to drag Connor along, so you're coming too" He said and walked off, leaving me internally groaning before getting up and walking towards the duo, who was already in the car.

Word Count: 1225•