Chapter 1

Y/n Odiar POV:

"Y/n. Come help Mags with Dinner" Finnick yells out the window to the front yard.

"Alright, I'm coming" I yell back wiping off sweat from my forehead, I grab my water and walk into the house. I walk through the house to the kitchen to see Mags preparing some vegetables for dinner.

"Hey Mags." I say getting the attention of her.

'Hi Y/n. Can you prepare the water and peel some potatoes for mash potatoes.' Mags signs, then pointing to the sack of potatoes.

"Yeah let me start that up" I say, looking back at her. She continues working on the vegetables. I grab a large pot and fill it with water, lifting it from the deep sink, onto the stove, turning it on. I go to the corner Mags previously pointed at, grabbing the bag of potatoes and a knife going to sit at the table along with Mags

We sit in a comfortable silence, relaxing making dinner the time passed and we finally finish dinner as the sun is setting. I walk up stairs to Annie and Finnick's room to get them for dinner as Mags sets the table. As I get there, I knock gently on the door waiting for a response.

"Come in." Finnick's muffled voice says, I open the door to see Finnick reading a book and Annie asleep on his chest while they lay on their bed.

"Hey Fin, Dinner is ready, so wake up Annie and hurry up downstairs before the food gets cold." I say with a small smile.

"But Y/n/n, she is so cute when she is sleeping I don't wanna wake her" Fin pouts looking down to the love of his life.

"Fine be a baby." I say walking over to his bed and sitting down carefully. Finnick gives me a death glare, mouthing not to do it.

"Annie. Annie you need to wake up cause it's time for dinner also Finnick's being a child I need you to help me deal with him." I say gently. She begins to shift in her sleep. Her eyes flutter open, and look up at Finnick then to me.

"Hey love, Hi Y/n. What time is it?" She asks sitting up carefully not to hurt, Finnick.

"It's dinner time, Mags is already down stairs setting the table. She should be done by now." I say getting off the bed.

"Ok, thank you for waking me, let's go Finnick." Annie says with a smile getting off the bed along with Finnick and grabbing his hand dragging him out of the room. Finnick looks back at me with a playful glare, still being dragged down the hall to the dining room. I laugh walking behind them.

We all sit down at the table with Mags. We begin to eat with some small talk here and there but we mostly eat in a comfortable silence. We finish eating dinner and Finnick and Annie clear the table and wash the dishes. After a while we all sit down to relax in the living room watching a random 'comedy' show from the capital.

Then suddenly the program gets cut short and President Snow shows up on the screen and begins to read the cards in his hand.

"As a reminder to the rebels that even the strongest among them cannot overcome the power of the Capital, the male and female tributes will be reaped from their existing pool of victors" He announces for the third quarter quell hunger games.

I get up in anger and punch the wall closest to screen as it goes back to the previous program.

Annie begins to break down.
Mags immediately freezes on the couch trying to process what she just heard and Finnick freezes rage flashing across his face but quickly recovers to help Annie calm down.

I walk into the kitchen and grab a bottle of whiskey from the cabinet I sit down at the kitchen table and start drinking it from the bottle as fast as I can. As I get to the bottom of the large bottle it gets taken out of my hands.