ONE

WEDNESDAY POV
--------------------------------+
I sat down at my desk, preparing to write the second novel I have been thinking about non-stop. Unfortunately, as soon as I hover my fingers over the keys of my typewriter, I hear a distressed whine, I lift up my head before turning around seeing Enid laying down on her bed, staring at the ceiling, she lets out another long whine.

"What are you doing?" I ask, annoyed, she sits up to meet my gaze "I'm bored!" She shouts, this isn't my problem so I turn around. "Why don't you go find Ajax? I bet he'd be more than pleased to see you." This just makes Enid whine more.

After a while of back and forth complaining about how I don't pay attention to her enough, and how she needs to find someone else to pester, thing happily volunteer to keep Enid occupied while I started my story.

--------------------------------+

My writing time is complete, I've decided to give myself a little free time by sitting in bed to read, when suddenly Enid pipes up again. "Do you think the fangs have been here for so long because they need to know a lot of stuff or because they're all just really dumb and need to stay in school for like... A long long time?" I sigh, processing whatever just came out of Enid's mouth. "I don't know Enid." I said, and that conversation ended.

--------------------------------+

It's about time to get to sleep and Enid comes running in, her sleeves are soaking and she's got her hands full of coins, "I found coins in a well!" She yells, calming herself down, I decided this time, instead of shutting her down I'll play along.

"People make wishes with those, did you know?" I explain, "Well, how do you think they come true?" She asks I sigh and almost stutter "...That's beautiful, Enid" I say "Oh, no I don't know how they come true." Well then.

--------------------------------+

If I said that being in the same room as Enid Sinclair was frustrating, that would be an understatement, it was incredibly frustrating. It is time to sit down and start working on my novel, I would be doing that right now if Enid wasn't already sitting at my desk. "What are you doing?" I ask, she turns around, startled "I was- I waaass..." She's thinking of an excuse "I'm just keeping your seat warm for you" and it's not a good one.

--------------------------------+

I have noticed that Enid has been especially clingy lately, it's not necessarily a bad thing, Well, it wouldn't be if I wasn't extremely busy.

I'm organizing my very important notes, you don't need to know what they're about and it is definitely not because the author didn't think enough about this specific moment. Enid comes up behind me and hugs me, I jump and push her off, turning around.

"What do you think you're doing?" I question "Just giving my roomie a hug?" She responds, nervously, gross, just say 'roommate' like a normal person, then again, Enid isn't very normal.

"Well, I'm busy, normally when someone is busy, a distraction is far from ideal." She gasps loudly "Again? Am I just a distraction to you?" Uh oh "Enid- I didn't mean that... I don't- you're not a... Distraction, it was a poor choice of words-" I try to explain but she cuts me off "No, No I'll just leave you alone, since I'm such a distraction all the time!" Her voice fades away as she walks out of the room, eventually leaving me in silence.

Thing crawls up to me and starts signing. "Yes, I understand I shouldn't have said that... I know, I have no excuses." I sit down on my bed and thing caresses my hand, it's comforting.

--------------------------------+

ENID POV

I sit just outside the dorm and wait.