007: The wedding 4

Pearl

My eyes travelled from his hand, which firmly gripped my wrist and when my gaze met his face that was etched with a faint smile, I felt my heart flutter against my chest. This man looked like he just walked right out of a fashion magazine, with his more than six feet height. The colour of his skin was like that of dark chocolate, and his handsome face had little to no beards on it. This man was a freaking ten, but then, it felt like I had seen him before.

Even with his handsome face that made my heart skip for a moment, I still felt anger in me, I was angry at Kelvin, John and men in general at this point. Him, being a man, he was not exempted from it.

My brows drew close in a furrow, as I pulled my wrist away from his firm grip. "What?" I turned to face him.

He itched between his brows, and the smile on his face slowly faded, leaving his face in a blank expression. "Uhm... Can you spare me a minute," he pointed at the seats under the shade, before settling his dark brown eyes back into mine, "Maybe we can sit---"

"Do I look like I have time to waste on a stranger?" I asked.

His lips pursed in a smirk, and he slipped his hands into his pockets. "Are you always like this? Rude and impatient," he asked and I raised my brows at him. It seemed like men were been sent to annoy me, because why would someone I didn't know from Adam, throw such stupid questions at me? What was going on?

"And what do you mean by that?" I held my hand to my waist, taking two steps closer to him. "By asking if I was always like this, I mean."

"I know you don't remember but the other day at the restaurant, your big forehead hit my chest," he said, pointing at my forehead and before I could stop myself, I placed my hand on it, trying to weigh it and he chuckled lightly at that.

I rolled my eyes forcing back the urge to slap that laugh off his face. At that moment, I remembered where I had seen him before, and why he must have thought of me as a rude person.

I watched as he leaned closer to me, "You didn't even offer to pay for my shirt dry cleaning, so rude." He said. I felt my heart flutter and quickly, I took two steps away from him.

"I apologized for that and secondly, you don't know the whole story but here you are calling me rude," my hands left my waist and fell beside me. "So what do you want? Money for dry cleaning? How much is it? Give me your account details, so that I can transfer it to you." I went on and unlocked my phone screen, I was about to click on my bank app when he placed his hand on mine, stopping me. His touch felt good against my skin.

"I have another request for the payment," he smiled when my eyes met his. A faint line drew between my brows, I hoped it wasn't what I was thinking because security would have to drag me out of the hotel premises for beating up this man.

"What request, I don't have much time, I am here for a wedding."

"Well, that makes the two of us."

"So?" I arched my brow at him. His being there for a wedding was none of my business.

"Why don't we help each other, I will help you convince that man, that you have a boyfriend and you will have to convince my mother--"

"What?" I chuckled. I had thought he was going to ask me to sleep with him but this? This was funny. I wasn't expecting him to say something like this. It seemed like something that would happen only in the movies, hence, It sounded like a joke to me. "What do you think this is, a movie? Perhaps you heard when I told him that I have a b--boyfriend." I tried to sound as convincing as I could.

He let out a chuckle and then pointed in a direction. "Even from where I was seated, I knew you lied and perhaps, the amount of time you blinked right now, gave it away that I was right. You do not only need an acting lesson, but you also need to learn how to lie effortlessly." He said and then glanced around the place. "That young man was not looking like he was convinced, it looked like he left because he didn't want to cause a scene, I'm sure that, he isn't going to give up."