013: On the road side

Pearl

"Don't worry Gee, the mechanic will soon be here," I said to Geraldine, who had been on the phone with me since my car broke down. It was already getting late, and her worried ass thought being on the phone with me till the mechanic comes, was the right thing to do.

"Wait, let me get Angel's bottle for her dad." 

"Okay." I nodded, took a few steps back and perched my ass on my car hood. I crossed my free arm, edging my elbow, with my phone held to my ear.

It was already the weekend and just like I promised Geraldine, I would be staying over at her place. But then, my car decided to tie me down, when I was already close to the housing estate, where she lived with her husband.

I had been driving for the past three years but still, I didn't know Jack about cars. Anytime my car broke down, I always had to call the mechanic and thank God, he was someone I could trust.

"I'm back baby, so is he there yet?" Geraldine's voice seeped through the speaker but my attention was drawn to the car, crossing the lane in my direction. When the car halted in front of me, I realized whose car it looked like.

"No, not yet," I sighed.

It better not be who I thought it was, because there was no way on earth, I was in the mood to face him.

"What, why? Why is he taking time?"

"I--" my voice hooked as the door of the BMW was pushed open, "I don't know," I said. Immediately the figure stepped down from the car, I huffed and rolled my eyes in exasperation. "Wait Gee, let me call you back."

"Huh... Is he the--"

I moved the phone away from my ear and tapped the end-call bar, my eyes fell on Kachi as he walked towards me. I folded my arms across my chest, equipping myself, for whatever he would say.

As he trailed closer to me, I noticed his aura which was gloomy. The air around him brushed past my skin as he halted two steps away from me, rousing my brain to its new favourite cologne. My gaze fell on his face which was etched with a visible dark expression, under the illuminating road light.

His lips pursed in a smirk, attempting to conceal his mood. "What are you doing here, Madam?" he said, shoving his hands into his perfectly fitted black pants pockets. The arms of his sea blue shirt were perfectly folded halfway. He slightly glanced around the place, "Is there a problem?" He asked, settling his gaze into my eyes.

Madam? "Can you not call me that?" I scoffed, deciding to let my guard down. Why did he seem chill and gloomy today? "Are you okay?" I couldn't help but ask.

He nodded, itching the tip of his left brow. "I'm fine," he said with his hand, sliding back into his pocket. "What about you?"

"I'm okay just that my car broke down and I'm waiting for the mechanic. He will be here soon, though." I glanced around, noting that the mechanic was still not in sight. For how long was I going to wait?

"It's getting late already," he pulled his hand out of his pocket and peeked at his wristwatch. "I can spare some of my time and wait with you if you wish."

Wait with me? Something must be going on with him.

"A gentleman will offer to check the car," I scoffed.

"Who said I was a gentleman?" He smiled. "Moreover, I only deal with human bodies and not cars."

"What are you? A serial killer?' I teased and this time he chortled.

"Yeah, I kill and eat humans and judging by your body, you are going to be one delicious meal." He said, his eyes licking the curves and edges of my body.