𝐖𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄

. . . radiantstarsx presents
─ wide awake

yang jiyeon seemed to have it all - money, power, and glory. she was the epitome of beauty and brains, envied by many. but behind her confident and sophisticated facade, jiyeon felt like a bird trapped in a gilded cage. her life was far from the carefree teenage years she longed for.

before her father's untimely passing, jiyeon was constantly pressured to become the shining star of the ayutthaya family. her older step brother tibet was the picture of perfection, but her mother, who was tibet's father's mistress, had other plans. she disagreed with letting Tibet inherit the family's wealth, and jiyeon became a pawn in their power struggle.

jiyeon's childhood was stolen from her. she was pushed into extracurricular activities she despised, forced to excel in every exam with nothing less than a perfect score, and expected to contribute her ideas to the ayutthaya empire. the weight of her family's expectations suffocated her.

amidst the chaos, jiyeon found solace in tibet's mother, who genuinely cared for her despite the past clashes. however, her own mother disapproved of their bond, forbidding jiyeon from stepping foot into that 'filthy' apartment. the love and support she longed for were just out of reach.

and after jiyeon's sixteenth birthday, she made a bold decision. she left her family home, along with tibet, and enrolled in a boarding school. she hoped this new environment would be a breath of fresh air compared to the suffocating atmosphere she had grown up in.

now let's talk about kim yeonhee, she came from an  average family, but she was always reminded of how she was adopted from a young age. while her adoptive family provided her with the basic necessities like clothes, food, and shelter, they never truly showered her with the love she desired. despite sacrificing everything for them, there was one thing they didn't do ─ help her find her birth father.

at home, yeonhee faced constant ridicule from her siblings. they would call her names simply for being intelligent or for just existing. sibling fights and arguments were a regular occurrence, but it always felt like she was an outsider to the family, she  believed that her true blood, her true origins, and her sense of belonging lay with her birth father's family, and she had a strong feeling that they were still out there somewhere.

so, fueled by the desire to find her father, yeonhee teamed up with her childhood best friend, maki. they both received scholarships to enter a remote boarding school together, ready to support each other on their respective quests.

but you all are probably wondering what the remote boarding school was named and why it was also considered remote.

it was called [ HOME SCHOOL ].

( ★ ) YANG JIYEON !!
  the sunshine bitch ─
[ portrayed by kim yoo-jung ]

( ★ ) YANG JIYEON !! ─  the sunshine bitch ─[ portrayed by kim yoo-jung ]