𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲 : 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹

"Ms Ji-ah, why do you want your children to study in home school?" The old man, his glasses perched on his nose, maintained a stoic expression as he questioned.

He listened to the woman's response. He could sense a hint of amusement in her voice, knowing that her answer would be different from the others.

With a dark chuckle, the woman, named Ji-ah, adorned in an expensive dark blue suit, her curly hair cascading down, complementing her expensive pearl jewelry.

She revealed, "My daughter wants to enter the luxurious and jaw-dropping world of fashion. However, I believe that this path was a waste of time for their family, who specializes in technology and informative resources. I wanted to ensure that my daughter, the sole heiress of their technological legacy, would not be swayed by the allure of fashion. Home school seems like the solution to eradicate this "disgusting thought" and instill a sense of purpose in my daughter. She must abide to my rules." The woman wore a smirk, anticipating a reciprocating reaction from the old man. However, his expression remained emotionless, silently absorbing her words.

"And your son?" The old man continued, which made the smirk fade away from Ji-ah's face.

"He is my step son. To be honest I'm forced to take care of him." she huffed. "My daughter wanted him to join. It's good anyway, I have time for my personal stuff. My daughter and that brat can spare me a break." Ji-ah continued, not feeling any remorse for her step son.

"Do you think your children can endure the pressure that could result in our intense courses?" Another woman who accompanied the old man, also dressed in the school's uniform as well as her hair tied in a bun, her lips having a reddish tint asked.

"My step son can handle anything." Ji-ah replied carelessly. "But my daughter has no other choice. And if she cannot, she's dead to me." she replied, finishing it off with a grin.

━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━

The old man, dressed in the distinguished uniform of the prestigious boarding school, turned his attention to the two girls standing before him. One of them possessed a cascade of fiery, reddish-colored hair, adorned in simple attire. The other girl, with her short hair and fashionable bangs, exuded a sense of confidence in her preppy outfit. With a stern yet caring expression, the old man began to explain the arduous journey that awaited those seeking a coveted scholarship at Home School.

"Alright," the brown-red haired girl spoke up, her voice filled with determination.

The old man then posed the question to the girls, "What makes you both feel that you deserve the scholarships?"

"I am an orphan," the brown-red haired girl began, her words carrying the weight of her life's hardships. "I don't possess the financial means and familial support that many others take for granted. There's no way I can pay a tuition fee exceeding a million. I believe that this school can change my fate. This school is the gift to my life."

With a gentle nod, the old man turned his attention to the girl with bangs, awaiting her response.

"I have a family." The girl with bangs replied. "And I have the house, but not a home." she coldly continued. "My adoptive parents fail to see my worth despite doing everything, while my siblings constantly shame me for being smart. I keep searching for my birth parents, and I'm normally forbidden form doing so, but fate has other plans, as it lead me here." she smirked. "I believe that along with studying, I'll be able to find the truth about my birth parents, and why they left me."